纪录片《重力错乱》 第05期 人类登月(在线收听

Nearly 300 years after the falling apple...

在苹果掉下来近300年后...

it was Newton's ability to predict how the Moon orbits the Earth that allowed us to take a giant leap.

牛顿所预言的月球围绕着地球运转的天赋,使我们取得了巨大的飞跃。

That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.

那是一个人的一小步,却是人类的一大步。

Newton's law of gravity was crucial in allowing us to navigate from the Earth to the Moon.

牛顿的万有引力定律对我们从地球奔向月球是至关重要的。

But we now know Newton isn't entirely correct.

然而我们现在知道牛顿不完全正确。

I've come to El Paso in Texas, right on the Mexican border.

我已经来到了德克萨斯州埃尔帕索,就在墨西哥的边境。

I'm here to discover what's wrong with Newton.

我在这里将发现牛顿错在哪里。

Where are the keys? Now we're all ready and now you're stopping us. Because it's funny!

钥匙呢?我们已经准备就绪了,你别拍。真太搞笑了!

We're heading off across America, to try and solve the mystery of gravity.

我们要穿过美国,争取揭示引力之谜。

I think the most exciting thing that we'd ever done, as the human race, is to land on the Moon.

我认为我们过去所做的最令人兴奋的事情是人类登月。

It happened just in my lifetime I was just over one year old when Armstrong and Aldrin touched down.

当时我已经出生了,阿姆斯特朗和奥尔德林登月时,我还只有一岁多一点。

So I don't remember it, but what I remember is growing up with it.

所以我没有印象,但是我记得它伴随着我成长。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpzlcl/536593.html