单身贵族案 17勋爵驾到(9)(在线收听

"In short, that she had become suddenly deranged?"

"简单地说,她突然精神错乱了?"

"Well, really, when I consider that she has turned her back...

"哦!真的,当我考虑到她抛弃了...

I will not say upon me, but upon so much that many have aspired to without success

我不想说我,但这是那么许多女人热切地想得而得不到的,

I can hardly explain it in any other fashion."

我不能做其它的解释。"

"Well, certainly that is also a conceivable hypothesis," said Holmes, smiling.

"噢,当然,这也是一种可能的假设。"福尔摩斯微笑着说。

"And now, Lord St. Simon, I think that I have nearly all my data.

"现在,圣西蒙勋爵,我想我已经几乎有了全部的材料。

May I ask whether you were seated at the breakfast-table so that you could see out of the window?"

我想再问一下,你们是不是坐在早餐桌的周围就可以看到窗外的情况?"

"We could see the other side of the road and the Park."

"我们能够看到马路的另一边和公园。"

"Quite so. Then I do not think that I need to detain you longer. I shall communicate with you."

"正是这样,那么我想没必要再耽搁你了,我以后会再跟你联系。"

"Should you be fortunate enough to solve this problem," said our client, rising.

"但愿你有足够的运气来解决这个问题,"我们的委托人说着站了起来。

"I have solved it." "Eh? What was that?"

"我已经解决了。""是吗?怎么一回事?"

"I say that I have solved it."

"我是说我已经解决了这案件。"

"Where, then, is my wife?"

"那么,我的妻子在哪儿?"

"That is a detail which I shall speedily supply."

"那是一个我很快就能提供的细节。"

Lord St. Simon shook his head.

圣西蒙勋爵摇了摇头。

"I am afraid that it will take wiser heads than yours or mine," he remarked,

"我恐怕需要一个比你或我更聪明的脑袋。"他说着,

and bowing in a stately, old-fashioned manner he departed.

行了一个庄严的老式鞠躬礼便迈步走了。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/femstaqjsy/537258.html