单身贵族案 18雷斯垂德的困扰(1)(在线收听

"It is very good of Lord St. Simon to honour my head by putting it on a level with his own," said Sherlock Holmes, laughing.

"承蒙圣西蒙勋爵将我的脑袋和他自己的脑袋相提并论,真是不胜荣幸之至。"歇洛克·福尔摩斯说着,笑了起来。

"I think that I shall have a whisky and soda and a cigar after all this cross-questioning.

"经过这么长时间的盘问,我想我得来一杯苏打威士忌和一支雪茄。

I had formed my conclusions as to the case before our client came into the room."

在我们的委托人进门以前,我就已经做出了这个案子的结论。"

"My dear Holmes!"

"老兄,真有你的!"

"I have notes of several similar cases, though none, as I remarked before, which were quite as prompt.

"我有好几个类似案件的记录,只是象我曾经说过的那样,没有一个象这个这么干脆。

My whole examination served to turn my conjecture into a certainty.

我的全部调查有助于肯定我的推测。

Circumstantial evidence is occasionally very convincing,

旁证有时是非常有说服力的,

as when you find a trout in the milk, to quote Thoreau's example."

用梭洛的话来说,就象你在牛奶里发现了一条鳟鱼一样。"

"But I have heard all that you have heard."

"但是,我也听到了你所听到的一切。"

"Without, however, the knowledge of preexisting cases which serves me so well.

"然而,缺少对我起了很大作用的过去发生过的案例的知识。

There was a parallel instance in Aberdeen some years back,

若干年前在阿伯丁有一个相似的例子。

and something on very much the same lines at Munich the year after the Franco-Prussian War.

普法战争后一年,在慕尼黑又有一件极为相似的事情。

It is one of these cases, but, hello, here is Lestrade! Good-afternoon, Lestrade!

这就是这类案例中的一个。但是,喂,雷斯垂德来了!你好,雷斯垂德!

You will find an extra tumbler upon the sideboard, and there are cigars in the box."

餐具柜上有一只特大的酒杯,盒里有雪茄烟。"

The official detective was attired in a pea-jacket and cravat,

这位官厅侦探身穿一件水手的粗呢上衣,

which gave him a decidedly nautical appearance, and he carried a black canvas bag in his hand.

戴着一条老式领带,显然一副水手形象,他手里提着一只黑色的帆布提包。

With a short greeting he seated himself and lit the cigar which had been offered to him.

简单地寒暄了几句就坐下,点着了一根递给他的雪茄。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/femstaqjsy/537259.html