绿玉皇冠案 15宝石不见了(2)(在线收听

"'You blackguard!' I shouted, beside myself with rage.

"'你这恶棍!'我气得发狂地嚷了起来。

'You have destroyed it! You have dishonoured me forever! Where are the jewels which you have stolen?'

'你把它弄坏了!你让我丢一辈子的人!你偷走的那几块宝石哪儿去了?'

'Stolen!' he cried.

'偷?!'他叫了起来。

'Yes, thief!' I roared, shaking him by the shoulder.

'是的,你这贼!'我吼叫着,摇撼着他的肩膀。

'There are none missing. There cannot be any missing,' said he.

'没有丢掉什么,不可能丢掉什么的。'他说。

'There are three missing. And you know where they are.

'这里有三块绿玉不见了。你是知道它们在哪里的。

Must I call you a liar as well as a thief? Did I not see you trying to tear off another piece?'

你要我不但说你是贼,而且还说你是骗子吗?我不是看见你正在试着把另外一块绿玉扳下来吗?'

'You have called me names enough,' said he; 'I will not stand it any longer.

'你骂我骂够了吧,'他说,'我再也忍受不下去了。

I shall not say another word about this business, since you have chosen to insult me.

既然你肆意侮辱我,这件事我就不愿再提一句。

I will leave your house in the morning and make my own way in the world.'

一早我就会离开你的屋子到别处去自己谋生。'

'You shall leave it in the hands of the police!' I cried, half-mad with grief and rage.

'你必定要落在警察手里!'我起急败坏半疯狂似地喊着。

'I shall have this matter probed to the bottom.'

'这件事我要追究到底!'

'You shall learn nothing from me,' said he with a passion such as I should not have thought was in his nature.

'你别想从我这里了解到任何情况。'我想不到他竟一反常态如此激动地说。

'If you choose to call the police, let the police find what they can.'

'如果你愿意叫警察,那么就让警察去搜索好了!'"

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/femstaqjsy/537766.html