《大城市小世界》第11期:我是个建筑师(在线收听

So…ok…hmm...yeah! That’s great news!

好的,嗯,好消息啊!

So? Did you get the job?

工作成了?

Yes!!!

是的!

Hooray!! Fantastic! Well done!!

好啊!干得好!

But...

但是。

There’s always a ‘but’...

总有个“但是”

It’s only on a trial basis...just for a month.

现在只是一个月的试用期。

Ok, that’s pretty normal actually. Most companies do that.

这很正常。绝大多数公司都有。

But they are paying you, yes?

但是他们会付给你钱,不是吗?

Oh yes, the salary isn’t bad. It’s not an internship.

是的,工资还挺好的。因为不是实习。

I did internships for ages...had to work for a month to get experience no pay! and then I never got offered the real job at the end.

我做过很长时间实习生,那时候不得不积累经验给人白干!最后还不会得到工作。

Like now! I’m doing this work for Johnny’s company they want me to work at weekends too Saturdays and Sundays with no extra money!

就像现在!我现在在约翰尼的公司上班,他们还想让我周末上班,而且没有额外补助。

That’s terrible!

太糟糕了!

I don’t know what to do...I want to say ‘no’, but I’m afraid I’ll lose the job...

我不知道该怎么做。我想说“不”,但是我怕失去工作。

You’ll have to think carefully about it!

你要好好想清楚。

Or you’ll be trying to do an internship again!!! Only joking! It can be important to do an internship if you want to get experience things to put on your CV...

要不然你就要再做实习生了!只是开玩笑!如果你想获得经验的话,实习也很重要。

Yeah, I guess you’re right, but I’m past that stage...I’ve got lots of experience now.

好的,我想你是对的,但是我已经度过了那个阶段,我现在很有经验了。

I’m really worried though, about my first day, really nervous. I might be terrible!

对于第一天上班我非常担心,非常紧张。我会搞砸的!

Don’t worry Magda, you’ll be great. Show them how good you are in the first month and they’ll be offering you more money by the second month!

别担心,玛格达,你会表现得很好的。在这一个月向他们展现你的好,到第二个月你就会涨工资。

Let’s hope so!

希望如此吧!

What are you going to be doing exactly?

你具体干什么?

Well, it’s a lot of admin work... But I do get a chance to work with the senior partners on some designs.

有许多行政工作,但是在许多设计上,我还有机会和资深合伙人一起工作。

Great...What is it you do again?

太好了,我还想问你是干什么的?

Harry! How come you always forget this stuff?

哈利!你怎么老忘呢?

Architecture! I’m an architect! I design buildings!

建筑!我是建筑师!我是建筑设计!

Oh yeah, right, of course...

当然。

She’s a good one too, Harry I’ve seen some of her drawings.

哈利,她很不错。我看过她的许多画作。

Really Sarah.

是吗,撒拉。

I keep on telling her that she should go to China there are lots of opportunities there at the moment.

我一直跟她讲她应该到中国去,那里有许多机会。

Maybe, one day. That’d be really interesting...How are you, Sarah?

或许吧。那将会很有趣。萨拉,你怎么样?

OK...

很好。

How’s the new flat?

新房子怎么样?

That’s the problem...

这是个问题。

Oh no! You’ve only just moved in!

不!你刚搬进去!

I thought the flat was great...

我还以为会很不错。

The flat is nice, but the problem is the landlord...

房子不错,但是关键是房东。

Isn’t that Fadi’s cousin?

不是法蒂的表弟吗?

Yes, exactly...but he’s really intrusive.

正是,但是他有些太唐突了。

Intrusive?

唐突?

He comes round all the time, wants to know everything about me. I think that if I pay rent, that’s it, I shouldn’t have to tell him anything else.

他总是过来,想知道关于我的一切。我想如果我付租金的话,那就行了,我就不用告诉他了。

I see...that’s not on, is it? Have you mentioned it to Fadi?

我明白了,这不行,你跟法蒂说了吗?

No, I don’t know how to. He was so kind helping me get the place. I don’t want to seem rude.

没有,我不知道怎么说。他帮助我找到了房子。我不想那么没有礼貌。

Would you like me to have a word with him?

你想让我去说吗?

Could you? That’d be really great. I’d really appreciate it.

你能吗?那太好了。真感激你。

I’ll say something the next time I see him! Promise!

我保证下次见到他的时候跟他说。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/dcsxsjsy/540774.html