英文演讲录 约翰·塞纳:库欣毕业演讲(3)(在线收听

But once again, those were decisions that I made to challenge authority.

但再说一次,我做出这些决定是为了挑战权威。

And I encourage you to do the same but be accountable for your actions.

我鼓励你们也这样做,但要对自己的行为负责。

And judging by your speech, it's obvious that you all are.

从你们的演讲来看,很明显你们都是。

I shook hands with a young man named Carlos this morning.

今天早上我和一个叫卡洛斯的年轻人握手。

Carlos, Carlos, where is he? Where's he at? Stand up.

卡洛斯,卡洛斯,他在哪?起立。

Carlos, do you remember our conversation?

卡洛斯,你还记得我们的谈话吗?

I shook hands, I asked you how you're doing.

我和你握手,我问你过得怎么样。

What'd you say?

你说什么?

And that's exactly what you said.

你就是这么说的。

I see Carlos, I turn around and say, hey man, how you doing?

我看到卡洛斯,我转过身说,嘿,伙计,你好吗?

He goes, we made it.

他走了,我们成功了。

Carlos, I applaud you for that.

卡洛斯,我为你鼓掌。

Because that's the one point that I want to make today.

因为这是我今天要说的一点。

You made it.

你做到了。

You absolutely made it.

你绝对做到了。

You hung in there.

你坚持住了。

You started from scratch.

你是白手起家的。

You made new social circles.

你建立了新的社交圈。

You found yourself, you made new developments, your failures, your successes, your triumphs, your friendships, your experiences.

你找到了自己,你有了新的发展,你的失败,你的成功,你的成就,你的友谊,你的经历。

You guys made it.

你们都成功了。

Don't throw it away today.

今天不要把它扔掉。

I know a lot of you, I remember when I was sitting there, I just wanted to get my diploma and get on with my future.

我知道你们中的很多人,我记得当我坐在那里的时候,我只想拿到我的文凭,继续我的未来。

The future will be there.

未来就在那里。

Your friends are here today.

你的朋友们今天都来了。

Your families are here today.

你们的家人今天都在这里。

Some of the friends are here today that you won't see for a while.

这里的一些朋友后面你们可将会有一阵子见不到了。

Celebrate, enjoy, rejoice, party responsibly.

尽情地庆祝、享受、欢呼、聚会吧。

But damn it, celebrate.

庆祝一下吧。

Because as Carlos, so eloquently stated, we made it.

因为正如卡洛斯所说的那样,我们成功了。

And by some upside-down circumstances, I was lucky enough to get the 2015 leadership award.

阴差阳错,我很幸运地获得了2015年的领导力奖。

But if there was some trophy for that award, I would leave it right here because the leaders for 2015 are sitting in these chairs in front of me.

但如果这个奖项有奖杯,我会把它放在这里,因为2015届的领导人就坐在我前面的椅子上。

So, in closing, it is with the utmost sincerity that I truly say to each and every one of you, I am so very proud of all of you.

最后,我怀着最诚挚的心情对你们每一个人说,我为你们所有人感到非常自豪。

And today you not only receive a diploma but trust me from a man who sat there 20 years ago, you received the best possible foundation for the future of your life that you could possibly receive.

今天,你们不仅收到了毕业证书,而且相信我这个20年前坐在那里的人,你们为你们未来的生活打下了很好的基础。

Enjoy today, because it only happens once.

享受今天,因为它只发生一次。

And this has been one hell of a ride.

这是一次地狱般的旅程。

Congratulations to the graduating class of 2015.

祝贺2015届毕业生。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/ywyjl/544531.html