【职场学英语】—不想干了怎么办?(在线收听

第二期 —— 不想干了怎么办?

Rachel: I'm training to be better at a job that I hate, my life officially sucks.
我痛恨这工作,还要努力改进,我这辈子算是完了

Joey: But Rachel, wasn't this supposed to a temporary thing? I thought you wanted to do fashion stuff?
这不是暂时性的工作而已吗?你的目标是打入时装界

Rachel: Well,yeah!I'm still pursuing that.
对,我还在朝目标前进

Chandler: How... exactly are you pursuing that? You know other than sending out resumes like what, two years ago?
你是怎么前进的?两年前寄寄履历表吗?

Rachel: Well, I'm also sending out.... good thoughts.
我还传达了……好点子

Joey: If you ask me, as long as you got this job, you've got nothing pushing you to get another one. You need the fear.
如果你问我,只要你还保有这份工作,就没有找新工作的动机。你需要的是恐惧。

Rachel: The fear?
恐惧?

Chandler: He's right, if you quit this job, you then have motivation to go after a job you really want.
他是对的,辞掉这份工作,才有动机追求你心目中理想的工作。

重点句型和词组:

1. my life officially sucks   
    我这辈子真算完了。

2. suck
   在美俚中,是烂、差、糟糕、使人极度不快的意思。
   eg. Man, this job sucks!

3. stuff
    是一个指代名词的万用替代品,涵盖广泛。

4. exactly
    用来加强语气
    eg.What exactly do you mean?

5. other than
    不同于, 除了

6. as long as:
    只要, 既然, 在...的时候

7. go after a job you really want
    追求你真正想要的工作。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/listen/essay/5458.html