英语口语课堂 11 争论与讨论(在线收听

 

Argument and discussion 争论与讨论

You carry it out too far .

你做的太过分了。(较随便)

A:I just taught him a lesson.Nothing more.

我只是给了他一个教训,没别的。

B:I think you've carried it out too far.You're to blame. A:My fault?

我认为你做的太过分了.该怪你.怎么是我的错?

You haven't leg to stand on.

你的话没有根据。(较随便)

A:The whole play is a flop.

整个剧是个失败。

B:For your conclusion,you don't have a leg to stand on.

你的结论没有任何根据。

A:Why do you say that. B:At least Rose deserves our praise.

为什么这么说?至少罗斯值得表扬。

I slipped up there.

这点让我疏忽了。(较随便)

A:I'm sorry.I slipped up there.

对不起,这一点让我疏忽了。

B:It doesn't matter.We're only discussing.No one can be so sure.

没关系,我们只是在讨论。没有人有百分百的把握。

A:Maybe we can look at it from another angle.

也许我们可以从另一个角度来探讨。

That's beside the point.

你的话离题太远了。(通用)

A:I think that's nonsense.That's beside the point.

我认为那是克服缺点,你离题太远了。

B:How dare you say that?I worked it out after much calculation.

你怎么敢这么说话?我是经过慎重考虑才提出这个观点的。

C:Let's calm down and try to find a good way.

大家都冷静一下,没法想个更好的解决办法。

I take you up on that.

我接受你的建议。(通用)

A:I think we should begin our tour with the Great Bell Temple.

我认为我们应该首先参观大钟寺。

We can save a lot of time.

这样可以省不少时间。

B:And the temple is very famous in China.I'll take you up on that.

而且这个寺院是中国非常有名的。我接受你的建议。

A:Well,Let's gather at 8 right there,OK?

那么我们就八点在那里集合,好吗?

Let's sit down and talk things over.

咱们坐下来讨论一下吧。(通用)

A:Don't argue aimlessly.Let's sit down and talk things over.

别漫无边际地争论了。我们坐下来讨论一下吧。

B:I think a loan is a must to solve the problem.

我认为要想解决这个问题必须贷款。

A:But I think we can raise money by ourselves.

但是我认为我们可以自己筹款。

I think I'm at odds with you over...

我想在......方面我们有分歧。(通用。)

A:I think I'm at odds with you over the supplying plan.

我想在供应计划问题上我们有分歧。

B:But it's been already approved by the boss.

可老板已经批准了。

A:Then I'll have to talk to him right away.

那么我得马上和他谈谈。

I don't think you stand very much of a chance.

我认为你的机会不大。(通用)

A:I'm going to run for monitor of the class this term.

这学期我想竞选班长。

B:But I don't think you stand very much of a chance. A:I'll try my best.

但我认为你成功的希望不大。我将竭尽全力。

I can't take your point completely.

我不能完全接受你的观点。(通用)

A:Pop music is really a bore.

通俗音乐没意思。

B:I can't take your point completely.Most of the young people enjoy it.

我不能完全接受你的观点。大多数青年人都喜欢。

A:Simply because they're too young.

这只是因为他们太年轻了。

We must weigh the pros and cons before we make a decision.

我们一定要平衡得失再做决定。(较正式)

A:We can follow their suits.That's all.

他们怎么做我们就怎么做。

B:Wait a minute.Look before you leap.

等等。三思产而后行。

We must weigh the pros and cons before we make a decision.

我们一定要平衡得失再做决定。

C: I agree with you.It must be discussed carefully.

我同意你的意见,我们必须认真讨论讨论。

Let's put our heads together and see if we can do something about it.

我们大家都动动脑筋想想办法。(较正式)

A:It's really a hard nut for us to crack.

这对我们来说是个难题。

B:Yeah.Let's put our heads together and see if we can do something about it .

是啊,我们大家都动动脑筋想想办法。

A:I suggest we ask the engineer for help first.

我建议首先找工程师来帮一下忙。

I beg to differ with you on this matter.

请允许我在这件事上有不同意见。(较正式)

A:It's very important for us to clarify the ownership.

我们把永恒的所有权弄清楚很重要。

B:I beg to differ with you on this matter.

请允许我在这件事上有不同意见。

There won't be any problem with the ownership,I think.

我认为所有权不会有任何问题。

It's the price that bothers us.

使我们头痛的是价格。

I'm afraid I have a different opinion.

恐怕我不同意的看法。

A:I think reading extensively is the key to mastery of English.

我认为广泛阅读是学习英语最好的办法。

B:I'm afraid I have a defferent Opinion.

恐怕我不同意你的看法,

Recitation to me is the best way. A:Why?

背诵在我看来是最好的办法.为什么?

B:When you have the language in your mind,it won't be diffcult for you to read ,write or translate.

如果你能在头脑中记住这种语言,读、写、译就不会困难了.

A:It's easier said than done.

说起来容易做起来难啊!

I think the point is made clear without debate.

我认为这一点是不言自明的(较正式)

A:Shakespeare is the greatest master of language.

莎士比亚是最伟大的语言大量。

I think this point is made clear without debate.

我认为这一点是不言自明的。

B:I'm afraid I can't agree with you on that.

这一点上我恐怕不能同意你的意见、

Recent research has found that he just happened to become famous.

最近的研究表明他是偶然出名的。

A:What do you mean by "happened to be famous"?

你的“偶然出名”是什么意思?

B:Not all of his works were better than those of his contemporaries.

并不是他所有的作品都比同时代的作家好。

They just happened to be read more by people.

只不过是碰巧很多人读到了他的东西而已。

I'm afraid I can't accept your argument.

我恐怕不能接受你的论点。(较正式)

A:I think we can solve those difficult ones first.

我认为我们可以先解决那些难的。

B:I'm afraid I can't accept your argument.We should do it step by step.

我恐怕不能接受你的论点.我们应该循序渐进.

A:But there are too easy for us.

可这些对我们来说太容易了。

B:Sometimes it's just the easy ones that confuse us.

有时就是那些简单的东西难住我们。

I'm not convinced by your explanation.

你的解释不能使我信服。(较正式)

A:I'm not convinced by your explanation.B:Which part?

你的解释不能使我信服。哪部分?

A:The whole of it .

都不明白。

Could you explain it from the beginnning to the end once again.

能否再从头到尾解释一遍?

It would seem that you're right.

看来你是对的。(较正式)

A:It would seem that you're right.

看来你是对的。

But one more thing,can you prove it with facts.

但还有一点,你能用事实证明一下吗?

B:Facts are not available yet.

现在还没有事实,

But I think we'll find them soon.A:I hope so.

但我想很快就会有的。但愿如此。

We are disputing about...

我们正在争论......。(较正式)

A:What're you talking about?

你们讨论什么呢?

B:We're disputing about the meaning of the word.

我们在争论这个词的词义。

A:Let me see.Oh,its polysemous word.

我来看看,哦,这是个多义词。

We must read between lines and determine its meaning according to the contexts.

我们应该看上下文在语境中确定词义。

I should say that your...is wrong.

我应该说你的...是错误的。(较正式)

A:We can just leave it to the rest to solve.

我们可以把它留给他人去解决。

B:I should say that your decision is wrong.

我应该说你的决定是错误的。

We must see it through ourselves.

我们应该自己把事做到底。

A:But do you think we can finish in time?

可你认为我们能及时完成的?

B:Yes,if every one of us tries our utmost.

能,只要我们都尽最大努力。

I take issue with you on that.

我和你在这一点上有分歧。(较正式)

A:The distribution plan is up to the boss himself to decide,I think.

销售方案应该由老板来定。

B:I take issue with you on that.

我极不同意你的意见。

The company belongs to everyone.All of us have a say.

公司属于大家,我们都有发言权。

A:Yeah,but...

是啊,可是......

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yykykt/552525.html