纪录片《美国商业大亨传奇》 喋血工厂(22)(在线收听

Oh. Thank you, Alisha.

哦 谢谢 阿丽莎

The men will spend the next 10 years battling each other.

两人将在接下来的十年中争斗不断

Sparring with Christmas gifts.

包括圣诞礼物的相互侮辱

Rockefeller sends Carnegie a cheap, paper vest.

洛克菲勒送给卡内基一件廉价的纸背心

A jab at his simple beginnings as a poor immigrant.

暗指他是一个一名不文的穷酸移民

In return, Carnegie sends Rockefeller,a devout Baptist who doesn't drink,a bottle of fine whiskey.

作为回礼 卡内基送给洛克菲勒这位虔诚的浸信会教徒一瓶好威士忌酒

You know I've had my own little rivalries,I've had a rivalry with Donald Trump where I think it was back, 2004,

我也有自己的对手 2004年 我的对手是唐纳德·特朗普

he was giving me a hard time about something and I said "you know what I can write a bigger check than you and not even know it's missing,"

他当时总跟我过不去 我对他说"我可以开一张比你更大的支票 丢了我都不心疼"

because I knew if I tweaked him,he would just respond, and he did,and I still like to tweak him just because it's fun...

因为我知道如果我调侃他 他就会回应 他确实也那样做了 我还是很喜欢调侃他 因为这很有趣

I always say you have to have someone to hate to aim for.

我总说你需要有个憎恨的目标

Having an enemy, having an arch enemy,having a competitor is what ups the game for everybody.

有一个死敌 有一个竞争者大家的劲头才会调动起来

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpmgsydhcq/552825.html