《足迹》精讲09(在线收听

  Why would he do that?

  他为何会那么做?

  So he’ll have title to the jewels as well as the jewels themselves...

  所以他将拥有珠宝的所有权以及珠宝本身。

  ...so that when he sells them, he gets full value.

  当他卖掉时他能得到全额。

  Got it?

  明白了吧?

  Think about it.

  考虑一下吧。

  Take your time.

  别着急 有的是时间。

  And why would you do all this?

  那你为什么要这么做?

  Listen, under this crooked exterior, I am a simple, honest man.

  听着 在扭曲的外表之下 我是一个简单 诚实的人。

  Every word I’ve told you is true, I swear it.

  我跟你说的每一个词都是真的我发誓。

  I want to get rid of my wife, but I want it to be solid, permanent.

  我想要摆脱我妻子 但我希望一劳永逸。

  I don’t want her on my back.I want her to stay on your back.

  我不要在让她成为我的负担 我希望她从此待在你的背上。

  This is a frameup.

  这是个阴谋。

  A frameup?Yes.

  阴谋? 是的。

  You want to destroy me.

  你想要毁了我。

  You want me to do this and then shop me to the police.

  你想让我按照你说的做 然后再向警察告发逮捕我。

  If I shop you, then you’ll shop me, and then we’ll both end up in jail.

  如果我告发你 那你也会告发我 那最后我们只能都进监狱了。

  No, I take a strictly moral position on all this.

  不对这一切我坚守道德立场。

  My wife is an adulteress.

  我的妻子是个淫妇。

  Actually, she should be stoned to death.

  事实上 她应该被乱石砸死(中世纪惩罚荡妇的方法)。

  Anyway, it’s up to you.Make up your own mind.

  不管怎样这都由你自己决定 你下决定吧。

  You’re asking me to trust you?

  你在让我相信你?

  I don’t give a fuck if you trust me or not.

  我才不管你相不相信我。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zjjj/556553.html