《足迹》精讲23(在线收听

  He mentioned it to the landlord?

  他向旅馆主人提起?

  Why would he mention such a thing to the landlord?

  他为什么会向旅馆主人提起这种事?

  Well, you’re a famous writer and you’re well known in the district.

  你是著名的作家 在这个领域你很出名

  So how can you help me on this?

  这件事你怎样帮我呢?

  No one came to see me.I’ve no idea who this man is.

  没人来找我我不清楚这人是谁

  And I know no one called Tindle.

  我也不认识有叫做汀多的人

  You don’t, eh?

  你不认识 呃?

  What are you?A joker?

  你是什么? 爱开玩笑的人吗?

  What do you mean?

  什么意思?

  I mean you’re pretty quick on your feet.

  我指的是你反应相当快

  You should have been a ballet dancer.

  你应该当个芭蕾舞蹈家的

  I can just see you doing pirouettes.

  我能想像你垫着脚尖跳舞

  -Ever worn a pair of tights?-Not me.

  -曾穿过紧身衣吗? -没有

  They’d suit you.

  很适合你

  Nice house.

  房子不错

  Thanks.

  谢谢

  -Design it yourself?-It’s 18th-century.

  -你自己设计的? -它是十八世纪的房子

  No, no, I meant this.The inside.

  不 不 我是指这个 室内

  That was my wife.

  噢 是我妻子

  Oh, your wife.Is she here, by the way?

  噢 你妻子 顺便问一下她在吗?

  No.

  不在

  Popped up to London?

  临时去了伦敦吗?

  She’s not here.

  她不在这里

  She’s an interior decorator, then?

  那么 她是室内装潢师吗?

  Something like that.

  差不多是

  It’s a great gift, isn’t it?

  很棒的天份 是不是?

  You’re a lucky man.

  你是个幸运男人

  You got an ashtray?

  你有烟灰缸吗?

  I’m ready for another beer.

  我准备再来一瓶啤酒

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zjjj/556567.html