羊皮卷之五(2)(在线收听

What dying man can purchase another breath though he willingly give all his gold?

垂死的人用毕生的钱财都无法换得一口生气。

What price dare I place on the hours ahead?

我无法计算时间的价值,

I will make them priceless!

它们是无价之宝;

I will live this day as if it is my last.

今天是我生命中的最后一天。

I will avoid with fury the killers of time.

我憎恨那些浪费时间的行为。

Procrastination I will destroy with action;

我要摧毁拖延的习性。

doubt I will bury under faith; fear I will dismember with confidence.

我要以真诚埋葬怀疑,用信心驱赶恐惧。

Where there are idle mouths I will listen not;

我不听闲话、

where there are idle hands I will linger not;

不游手好闲,

where there are idle bodies I will visit not.

不与不务正业的人来往。

Hence?forth I know that to court idleness is to steal food,clothing, and warmth from those I love.

我终于醒悟到,若是懒惰,无异于从我所爱之人手中窃取食物和衣裳。

I am not a thief.

我不是贼,

I am a man of love and today is my last chance to prove my love and my greatness.

我有爱心,今天是我最后的机会,我要证明我的爱心和伟大。

I will live this day as if it is my last.

今天是我生命中的最后一天.

The duties of today I shall fulfill today.

今日事今日毕。

Today I shall fondle my children while they are young;

今天我要趁孩子还小的时候,多加爱护,

tomorrow they will be gone, and so will I

明天他们将离我而去,我也会离开。

Today I shall embrace my woman with sweet kisses;

今天我要深情地拥抱我的妻子,给她甜蜜的热吻,

tomorrow she will be gone, and so will I.

明天她会离去,我也是。

Today I shall lift up a friend in need;

今天我要帮助落难的朋友,

tomorrow he will no longer cry for help, nor will I hear his cries.

明天他不再求援,我也听不到他的哀求。

Today I shall give myself in sacrifice and work;

我要乐于奉献,

tomorrow I will have nothing to give,

因为明天我无法给予,

and there will be none to receive.

也没有人来领受了。

I will live this day as if it is my last.

今天是我生命中的最后一天.

And if it is my last,

如果这是我的末日,

it will be my greatest monument.

那么它就是不朽的纪念日,

This day I will make the best day of my life.

我把它当成最美好的日子。

This day I will drink every minute to its full

我要把每分每秒化为甘露,

I will savor its taste and give thanks.

一口一口,细细品尝,满怀感激。

I will make every hour count and each minute I will trade only for something of value.

我要每一分钟都有价值。

I will labor harder than ever before and push my muscles, until they cry for relief,

我要加倍努力,直到精疲力竭。

and then I will continue.

即使这样,我还要继续努力。

I will make more calls than ever before.

我要拜访更多的顾客,

I will sell more goods than ever before.

销售更多的货物,

I will earn more gold than ever before.

赚取更多的财富。

Each minute of today will be more fruitful than hours of yesterday.

今天的每一分钟都胜过昨天的每一小时,

My last must be my best.

最后的也是最好的。

I will live this day as if it is my last.

今天是我生命中的最后一天.

And if it is not,

如果不是的话,

I shall fall to my knees

我要跪倒在上苍面前,

and give thanks.

深深致谢。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/sjszwddtxysy/557034.html