PBS高端访谈:美国学生谈论枪击案--他们什么也做不了(在线收听

Tragically, these school shootings have become all too common in America.

可悲的是,这些校园枪击案在美国已经变得太常见了。

While the attack at the elementary school in Uvalde is the deadliest in nearly a decade, it's also the 27th school shooting this year alone.

虽然乌瓦尔德小学发生的袭击是近十年来死亡人数最多的一次,但这也是今年发生的第27起校园枪击案。

Our national network of young reporters -- they're part of our Student Reporting Lab, asked their fellow students what grownups should know about what it's like growing up in this era of gun violence in schools.

全国青年记者网络是我们学生报道实验室的一部分,他们询问他们的同学,成年人应该知道在这个校园枪支暴力的时代成长是什么感觉。

Here's some of what they had to say.

以下是他们的一些看法。

We had a fire alarm Monday go off.

星期一我们的火警警报器响了。

And there are two girls in front of me.

我前面有两个女孩。

And they just asked, what if this isn't a drill?

他们只是问,如果这不是演习呢?

And we all knew they weren't talking about a fire.

我们都知道他们说的不是火灾。

Kids in America don't hear a fire alarm and fear fire.

美国的孩子们不会听到火警警报器响,也不会害怕火灾。

They fear a shooter. They fear that it's a trap they're walking into.

他们害怕枪手。他们担心这是他们走进的一个陷阱。

It makes you kind of grow up really fast, in terms of, like, coming to terms with your mortality, which is something someone my age, I don't think, needs to do right away.

这件事让你成长得非常快,就像,接受你的死亡,这是我这个年纪的人,我认为不需要立即接受的事情。

I feel like I shouldn't have to be like every morning, OK, this could be it for me. I could die today.

我觉得我不会每天早上都这样,好吧,对我来说可能就是这样。我今天可能会死。

I think about where the best place to go in a classroom would be.

我想的是教室里最好的地方是哪里。

I think about what classrooms are the worst to be in.

我想的是哪些教室是最糟糕的。

And it's damaging to anybody's, really, mental health to have to worry about that, students and teachers.

这件事对任何人的心理健康都是有害的,学生和老师都是如此。

I feel like teens nowadays feel like it's cool to play with guns and kind of have it in their videos.

我觉得现在的青少年觉得玩枪很酷,而且在他们的视频中也有这种感觉。

So, I think guns are being promoted in a way to look cool on social media, in which I think that right there is already a big red flag, because no children should be having any guns in their hands.

所以,我认为在社交媒体上枪支被以一种看起来很酷的方式推广,我认为这已经是一个很大的危险信号,因为孩子们不应该手持枪支。

I'd like to say that it affects us greatly, but the unfortunate reality is, I think we have mostly gotten really numb to them.

我想说,这对我们影响很大,但不幸的是,我认为我们大多对它们变得真的麻木了。

They just happen so often. You see them in the news all the time.

枪击事件就是经常发生。你总是在新闻里看到。

It no longer really has that much of an impact on us anymore.

这对我们不再有那么大的影响了。

The Parkland shooting, I remember feeling a little disconnected in like a, oh, it can never happen to me kind of way.

帕克兰枪击案,我记得,我感觉与此没有太多关系,就像永远不会发生在我身上的那种感觉。

Like, it's awful that it's happening to these people, but I don't think it'll ever happen to me.

就像,这件事发生在这些人身上是很可怕的,但我认为这永远不会发生在我身上。

And then it happened in Oxford. And I was like, oh, my God, this could happen to me.

然后这件事发生在了牛津。我当时就想,哦,天哪,这可能会发生在我身上。

Like, that was 20 minutes from where we live.

那离我们住的地方有20分钟的路程。

At my own school, we had a smaller shooting.

在我的学校,发生了一起规模较小的枪击事件。

And everyone was just really silent for the whole week. And we canceled school.

整个星期每个人都沉默不语。我们还取消了上学。

You could tell everyone was on edge. And it was really traumatic, if I'm being honest.

但你可以看出每个人都很紧张。老实说,这真的很痛苦。

Our school runs the mandatory drills every single year.

我们学校每年都会进行强制性演习。

And every single time, there's a group of about 20 to 30 students who run into our play shooter, and nothing ever happens.

每一次,都会有大约20到30名学生撞上我们的游戏射击手,但什么都不会发生。

We don't rerun them. This is a problem.

我们不会再次演习。这是一个问题。

But every time that there's a new one, they let us know that we're safe here.

但每次都是新的演习,他们就会让我们知道我们在这里很安全。

They let us know what they're doing.

他们让我们知道他们在做什么。

But, in reality, they can't do anything if people are still allowed to get guns.

但是,在现实中,如果人们仍然被允许拥有枪支,他们就什么都做不了。

They can't do anything if we're still feeling unsafe.

如果我们仍然感到不安全,他们什么也做不了。

Recently, we saw Ted Cruz saying that the solution was to have less doors at schools.

最近,我们看到泰德·克鲁兹说,解决办法是减少学校的门。

I think, when we do things like that, we don't give the issue the seriousness that it needs.

我认为,当我们做这样的事情时,我们没有看到问题的严重性。

And I just want elected officials to take the issue a lot more seriously than we currently do.

我只希望民选官员比我们现在更认真地对待这个问题。

Right now, with gun ownership, it's really easy to get -- pass your background check to get a gun.

现在,得到枪支真的很容易--通过背景调查就可以得到一把枪。

So, not only, I guess, stricter background checks, but also mental health checks, or routine mental health checks, would probably be good.

我想,不仅需要更严格的背景调查,而且需要心理健康检查,或常规的心理健康检查,可能也是有用的。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/pbs/sh/558554.html