我需要您的签名(在线收听

    I need your John Hancock.我需要您的签名.
    John Hancock是在The Declaration of Independence(美国独立宣言)上署名的独立战士中,将自己的名字签得又好又大的一个人.所以美国人常把Jogn Hancock当作signature(署名,签名)的意思.
    signature "签名,署名"(常带有事务性味道)autograph "celebrity(名人)的signature" (主要指"把自己的名字签给别人作纪念")I.
    A:I need your John Hancock here to complete the deal. 这里需要您的John Hancock以完成交易.
    B:You need my what? 你说需要我的什么?
    A:Your signature.你的签名.
    B:Oh,ok.Doesn't it to be notarized? 喔,好的.不需要经过公正吗?
    A:No,that won't necessary. 不用,没必要.
    II.
    A:Can I have your autograph(n.),please? 您能给我签个名吗?
    B:Sure. 当然.
    C:Would you please autograph(v.) this picture? 能请您在这张照片上签名吗?
    B:Certainly. 当然可以.
    C:Thanks a million! 太谢谢您了!
    D:My pleasure. 这是我的荣幸.
    III.
    A:I wrote to President Bush and he sent me an autographed(adj.) picture of his family.
    我写了封信给布什总统.他送我一张签名的全家福照.
    B:Really?Keep it in a safe place.It'll sell for thousands of dollars a few decades later.
    真的?好好保管它.几十年后它肯定能卖几千美元.

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/listen/essay/98545.html