-
(单词翻译:双击或拖选)
Now they are all set free, and are grateful to you for the favor." 现在,他们完全自由了,因此要感谢您的恩惠。”
"Who are the Munchkins?" inquired Dorothy. “芒奇金人?” 多萝茜疑惑地问。
"They are the people who live in this land of the East where the Wicked Witch ruled." “他们是住在这个东方国土的人民,东方国土是被坏女巫控制着的。”
"Are you a Munchkin?" asked Dorothy. 多萝茜问:“你也是芒奇金人吗?”
"No, but I am their friend, although I live in the land of the North. “不;我住在北方的国土,但是我是他们的朋友。
When they saw the Witch of the East was dead the Munchkins sent a swift messenger to me, and I came at once. 当这些芒奇金人看到这个东方的女巫死了,他们派一个跑得最快的信使,告诉我这个消息,我立刻就来了。
I am the Witch of the North." 我是北方女巫。”
"Oh, gracious!" cried Dorothy. "Are you a real witch?" “噢,天啊!” 多萝茜喊道,“你真是一个女巫吗?”
"Yes, indeed," answered the little woman. “对,真的;”小老妇人回答说。
"But I am a good witch, and the people love me. “但我是个好女巫,大家都喜欢我。
I am not as powerful as the Wicked Witch was who ruled here, or I should have set the people free myself." 我没有坏女巫强大。否则我早就把她杀了,亲自解放这里的人们。”
"But I thought all Witches were wicked," said the girl, who was half frightened at facing a real witch." “可是我原以为女巫都是很坏的,” 多萝茜说并且有点恐慌地看着眼前的女巫。
"Oh, no, that is a great mistake. “啊,不是这样;你错啦。
There were only four witches in all the Land of Oz, and two of them, those who live in the North and the South, are good witches. 在整个奥芝地区,一共有四个女巫。其余两住在北方和南方的,都是好女巫。
I know this is true, for I am one of them myself, and cannot be mistaken. 千真万确,因为我自己就是其中的一个,不可能弄错的。
Those who dwelt in the East and the West were, indeed, wicked witches; 那两个住在东方和西方的,确实是坏女巫;
but now that you have killed one of them, there is but one Wicked Witch in all the Land of Oz--the one who lives in the West." 现在,你已经把她们中的一个杀死了。在全奥芝,就只剩下西方的坏女巫了。”
"But," said Dorothy, after a moments thought, "Aunt Em has told me that the witches were all dead--years and years ago." “可是”,多萝茜思索了一会儿说道,“爱姆婶婶老早告诉过我,说所有的女巫都死了,很久很久以前就死了。”
"Who is Aunt Em?" inquired the little old woman. 小老妇人疑惑地问道:“爱姆婶婶是什么人?”
"She is my aunt who lives in Kansas, where I came from." “她是我的婶婶,住在堪萨斯州,我和他们住在一起。”
The Witch of the North seemed to think for a time, with her head bowed and her eyes upon the ground. 北方的女巫一片茫然的神情,眼睛盯着地面,似乎想了想。