玛丽来走了之后,我忙得都没有时间思考了
Since Maria left,I've been so busy I can't think.
玛丽走了之后,我忙得都没有时间思考了。
I've been fixing the house.I've been buying baby furniture.
我忙得装修房子,忙得买婴儿家具。
And I've been producing the shows...
还忙着制作节目..
What else?Oh.At night I've been putting up wallpaper in the baby's room.
还有什么呢?噢,晚上我一直在宝宝的卧室里贴墙纸。
It's still a mess..How do parents do it all?
结果还是一团糟....做父母的怎么能做完这么多事情?
Imagine having three or four children!It's too much...
如果有三、四个孩子怎么办!受不了..
And the money!Anne and I have been spending too much money.
还有钱的问题!我和安妮已经花了很多钱了,
Babies are expensive..I like WEFL,but they can't pay me enough money.
养一个孩子太费钱了..我喜欢WEFL,但是他们不能付给我足够的薪水。
I'm going to look for another job.
我要另找一份工作,
A big New York television station can pay me a lot more than I can make here.
一家纽约的大电视台能付我的钱要比这儿多得多。
Hello. Hi.This is Sam Finch.
你好。 嗨,我是山姆.芬奇。
Sam.How've you been?I haven't seen you for a month.
山姆,你好吗?我有一个月没见到你了。
I've been busy.I've been making a business deal in California.
我很忙,我在加里佛尼亚做一笔生意。
I'm in Aspen right now.
现在在奥斯本。
Yeah.I understand you're skiing with Maria.
是的,我知道你正在跟玛丽亚一起滑雪。
We've made plans to meet this afternoon,but I can't make it,
我们原本打算今天下午见面。但是我去不成了,
and I haven't been able to find Maria.
而且我没找到玛丽来,
She moved to a different hotel.
她搬到另一个宾馆去了。
If she calls,tell her I'll meet her for dinner at the Grand Hotel at 8:00.
如果她打电话,告诉她我8:00在格兰德酒店等她一起吃晚饭。
OK.The Grand Hotel. How's Anne?
好的,在格兰德洒店。 安妮怎么样?
Anne's fine.
她很好。
She hasn't been sleeping well lately,but the doctors say she's doing fine.
。她最近一直睡不好觉,但医生说她没事。
That's good.How've you been..Dad?
那太好了,要做父亲了,感觉怎么样?
Oh,I've been working hard lately.I'm producer while Maria is away.
噢,我最近一直工作很忙。玛丽离开以后我是制片人。
That's great.It sounds like you've been doing well...I've got to go.
很好,听起来你干得不错..我得走了。
Uh,Maria can call me at the Grand Hotel.See you later.
哦,玛丽来可以往格兰德酒店给我打电话。回头见。
Bye,Sam.
再见,山姆。
Connie,can I see you for a minute?
康妮,我能见你一下吗?
What can I do for you?
我能为你做点什么?
What have you been working on the last few days?
你这几天在忙什么?
I've been working on the story on employment agencies.
我在忙有关职业介绍所的节目。
I've been looking at your travel story.
你看了你旅游采访的带子。
I think you need more interviews.
我想你得多加一点采访。
I think so too.
我也是这么认为。
It's not where they're been that matters.It's what they did there.
他们去过哪儿并不重要,关键是他们在那儿做了什么。
I wnat to know how they feel about their trip.
我想知道他们对旅游的感觉。
You're right.I'll do it right away.
你说得对,我马上去做。
That was easy.I've been expecting more trouble.
这么简单。我一直以为会很麻烦。
Everyone has been very helpful.The stories have been good.
大家都那么肯帮忙。节目也做得很好。
It can't be this easy.
真是没法再顺利了。
Jake,can I see you for a minute? Hi.
杰克,我能见你一下吗? 嗨。
Jake,what have you been working on since Maria left?
杰克,玛丽亚走了之后,你在忙什么呢?
The archaeology story.
考古节目。
I looked at your story.What's the point?
我看过你的带子,你想表达什么?
Some archaeologists have discovered a fantastic treasure,
一些考古学家发现了一处了不起的宝藏,
and they're coming to New York. And? And what?
他们将在纽约。 还有呢? 还有什么?
What does it mean to the average person in Stamford.Connecticut?
对于康妮狄克州坦福德城的普通人来说,这有什么意义?
It's one of the most important scientific events of the year.
我是本年度最重要的科学事件之一,
It's a big story.
是个大新闻。
Jake,quit looking for big stories.I need local stories.
杰克,别再找大新闻了。我们需要地方新闻
Is a local scientist involved?
有当地科学家参予此事吗?
Maybe.I'll look..That's a pretty good idea.
也许有,我会去查一下..这是个好主意。
Work with Mike.He'll help you.
和迈克一起干,他会帮你的。 |