让我们的表达更加美国化(在线收听

   第一讲:about "chance" and "bad"

  Chance:
  以下是关于chance的几个习语,意思都是“不可能”:
  1.not a chance/no chance
  “i do saw some fish right under us.”
  "Not a chance."
  ”我确实看到几条鱼在我们正下方游。“
  ”不可能。“
  2.fat chance
  ”Give us money back and we'll leave.“
  "Fat chance."
  "把钱退给我们我们就走。"
  ”休想!“
  3.not a cat in hell's chance
  ”Sir,would you kindly do me a favor to yield a seat to me. I feel so bad.“
  "it is not a cat in hell's chance."
  "先生,把位子让给我好吗?我有点不舒服。"
  ”妄想。“
  4.not a snowflake's chance
  ”Sorry to keep after you,but are there any vacacies on the course?“
  "there is not a snowflake's chance."
  "抱歉,请问一下这个课还有名额吗?"
  ”没有了。“
  Bad
  1.feel bad about sth 对……感到遗憾、抱歉
  ”Robbi said you couldnot take him to New York together with you.“
  "I feel really bad about it,but i was so busy.Maybe we can do it next weekend."
  "罗伯特说你不能带他去纽约了。"
  ”对此我非常抱歉,但是我实在是太忙了。也许下周末可以。“
  2.that's too bad. 太遗憾了。
  "This moring we were having a good time to fish together,but it was windy and rainy suddenly.So we had to get back in a hurry."
  "That's too bad."
  ”今早上我们一块钓鱼正玩的进行,突然刮起了风、下起了雨。我们不得不赶回来了。“
  ”那太遗憾了。“
  3.You have picked a bad apple. 你这主意真臭;你挑的东西太烂了。
  ”How about going down the street to have lunch in the greasy spoon?“
  "You have picked a bad apple.It is not clean there."
  "去街头的小饭馆吃晚饭如何?"
  ”你这主意真臭。那不干净。“
  4.that's not bad/can't be bad. 不错;相当好。附和或祝贺某人。
  ”i have just got an income tax rebate of 90 dollars.“
  "can't be bad."
  "我刚刚退回了90美元的所得税。"
  ”不错嘛。“
  让我们的表达更加美国化:之二
  about "wait" and "bet"
  wait
  1.cann't wait (to do sth)
  等不及了;表示兴奋
  I cann't wait to see my girlfriend.You know,we have not met each other for three years.
  就要见到我的女朋友了!我真有点等不及了。要知道,我们已经有三年没有见面了。
  2. You wait!
  你等着瞧;威胁语
  You wait! You just wait! You will find Mr Philip is not a fellow to tangle with.
  你等着瞧!咱们骑驴看唱本!总有一天你会知道飞利浦不是好惹的。
  3.what are you waiting for?
  你还等什么?督促快点做事
  It is getting dark.What are you waiting for? We won't be finished by dinnertime.
  天就要黑了。再不快干,晚饭的时候我们就做不完了。
  4.wait for it.
  1)暂停
  Ready,steady----wait for it-----go!
  各就位!预备!停停停!跑!
  2)话说到关键时卖关子用的套语
  There were out of stock at the moment in our local shop,so i tried to buy some in a shop in New York and the girl there----wait for it-----"We're out of stock at the moment but i am sure we will have some in by next week."
  这会我们店里没有货了,因此我就去纽约的店里去买,你猜店里的那个妞给我说啥来着?我们现在也没货,不过我确定到下周的时候我们就会进货。
  5.wait a minute/moment/second
  1)等等;不礼貌的打断别人说话时用
  Wait a minute,please!Have you ever seen a bag here?A small canvus bag.
  等等!!你们在这看到一个小包了吗?一个小帆布包。
  2)等等;发现说错,想纠正时或想停下来思考一下时用
  Wait for it.Let me see.Oh, my God! I got it.I forgot it in the plane.
  等等,让我想想啊。哦,天呀!我想起来了。我把它忘在飞机上了。
  6.wait and see
  耐着点性子,别着急!
  Don't be so anxious! Wait and see.Everything will be clear!
  别那么急!耐着点性子!一切都会真相大白的!
  7.wait for baby
  等等鄙人。熟人之间的俏皮话。
  Wait for baby!Don't be so fast! I can hardly catch up with you.
  等等鄙人嘛!别这么快,我都跟不上你们了。
  8.wait till the clouds roll by
  等到云开日出时;喻要持乐观态度
  Failure is not final;what counts is courage.Keep up your courage!You can do it!
  失败又不是终了;只有勇气才是永恒的。振作点!你能成功!
  bet
  1.Do you want to bet?/do you want a bet?
  你敢打赌吗?
  "Do you want a bet?"
  "What's the bet?"
  “你敢打赌吗?。”
  “赌什么?。”
  2.I/'ll bet
  1)我敢打赌
  I bet I can type the letter out in three minutes.
  我敢打赌,我能在三分钟之内把这封信打出来。
  2)我敢打赌。常常说成:I bet you did/do/will/have! 反语,表示不相信对方的话
  "Last afternoon i played basketball for three hours without a stop and not felt a thing."
  "I bet you did!"
  “昨天下午我一连打了三个钟头的篮球,一点事儿没有。”
  “我敢打赌!。”
  3.You bet.
  1)说得极是,你说得对
  "In my opinion,there is too many commercials on television."
  "You bet!"
  “我认为现在电视上的商业广告太多了。”
  “说的极是。”
  2)用于加强语气
  You bet i want a day off to get energetic again.
  我真是想休息一天,恢复一下精力。
  4.I bet your father must be a blacksmith
  我敢打赌你爹一定是打铁的。俏皮话,惊叹对方一语中的
  How do you know China football team can be admitted to the World Cup?I bet your father must be a blacksmith.
  你是怎么知道中国足球队会入围世界杯的?我想你爹一定是个打铁的。要不然你怎么会猜这么准呢?
  5.It's anyone's bet.
  这是谁也说不准,这事没把握
  "Now the country doesnot gurantee college students work.Will it does good or harm to us?"
  "It is anyone's bet.Perhaps it will bring more equal compitition."
  “现在大学生国家也不包分配了,究竟是好还是坏呢?”
  “谁知道呢?也许竞争会更公平一些吧。”
  6.I wouldn't bet on it.
  这事*不住。劝诫语,亦说成I wouldn't do it on a bet.
  It is said in an ad that it only takes one month to make one grow 10 centimeters taller with its medicine.I wouldn't bet on it.It is just a trick of getting money by fraud.
  某广告上说用它的药一个月就可以长10公分。我才不信呢。只不过是骗钱的把戏。
  7.Would you like to bet on it?
  真是这样吗?你敢保证吗?你敢打保票吗?
  You said today's class is cancelled at the last moment. Would you like to bet on it?
  你说今天的课临时被取消了。你敢打保票吗?
  8.That's your best bet.
  你最好是……
  Under this condition,you should speaking frankly to your supercisor and listen to his advice.It is no good and no use keeping it a secret.That's your best bet.
  在这种情况下,你最好和你导师直说,然后听听他的意见。隐瞒对你没有好处,也没用。你只能这样做了。
  指点别人时说,亦说成
  Let me tell you the best bet
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/listen/essay/167384.html