50. Like what(比方说?)
【Kim’s Note】This has become so common in American English you can hear it every day!
【疯狂实战】
A I think we’re going to have some problems with this project.
(我觉得在这个项目上我们会遇到一些问题。)
B Like what
(比方说?)
A I’m tired of eating the same thing every day. I want something different.
(我厌倦了每天都吃一样的东西,我想吃点不同的。)
B Like what
(比如说?)
51. May I go now(我可以走了吗?)
52. Mind your own business.(不要多管闲事。)
【Kim’s Note】This sentence is not polite, but it is effective when someone asks too many questions or gets
involved in your affairs.
53. Neither can I.(我也不能。)
【疯狂实战】
A I can’t stand the way she gossips.
(我无法忍受她那样说闲话。)
B Neither can I.
(我也不能。)
54. Never again!(永远不再!)
55. Never mind.(算了;没关系。)
【疯狂注释】
表示没什么重要的,就让它过去算了。你要告诉别人什么事,或要别人帮你做什么事,但他没听清楚,你也觉得不做也没关
系,就说Never mind.
【疯狂实战】
A What were you going to tell me earlier
(你先前要跟我说什么?)
B Never mind, it wasn’t important.
(算了,并不重要。)
56. No problem!(没问题!不用谢!)
57. Not in my lifetime!(不可能!)
【Kim’s Note】This is an excellent way to refuse someone in a very clear way! It’s the same as saying
“never! ”. It is also useful to express doubt or disbelief.
【疯狂实战】
A Do you think a woman will ever be President of the United States
(你认为女性有可能会成为美国总统吗?)
B Not in my lifetime.
(不可能。)
58. Now I understand.(现在我明白了。)
59. Only yourself to blame.(只能怪你自己。)
60. Parking is impossible!(请勿停车!)
【Kim’s Note】Americans are obsessed with parking. There are far more cars in America than there are places
to put them. The situation is rapidly becoming the same in China!
61. Please forgive me.(请原谅我。)
62. See you soon.(呆会儿见。)
63. So far, so good.(目前为止,一切顺利。)
64. So what(那又怎么样?)
65. Stay out of it.(你别管。)
【Kim’s Note】This is another sentence that isn’t polite, but it is still very effective. This sentence is
often used when parents interfere with their grown children’s lives.
66. Take it easy.(别着急。)
67. That depends.(那要看情况。)
68. That doesn’t make sense.(那是胡说。)
69. That doesn’t matter at all.(真的没关系。)
70. That makes my mouth water.(真是让我垂涎欲滴。)
【Kim’s Note】 If you are tired of always using the word “delicious” to describe food, you can use this
sentence instead. People will be shocked at your English knowledge. If you are among good friends you can
also use this sentence to describe a good-looking boy or girl.
71. That looks easy.(看上去很容易。)
72. That should be easy.(那应该很容易。)
73. That surprises me.(真让我吃了一惊!)
74. That’s against the law.(那是违法的。) |