英语听书《海底两万里》第62期 第6章 开足马力(4)(在线收听

   Then it reappeared on the other side of the ship, either by circling around us or by gliding under our hull.

  不久它又在战舰的另一边出现了,可能是绕过来的,也可能是从船底下潜水过来的。
  At any instant a collision could have occurred that would have been fatal to us.
  时时刻刻,都有可能给我们致命的打击。
  Meanwhile I was astonished at the frigate's maneuvers. It was fleeing, not fighting.
  可是我们的战舰的行动使我莫名其妙。它在逃,并不去攻击。
  Built to pursue, it was being pursued, and I commented on this to Commander Farragut.
  它本应该追逐怪物的,现在反而被追逐了,我于是向法拉古舰长提出意见。
  His face, ordinarily so emotionless, was stamped with indescribable astonishment.
  法拉古舰长的面孔,通常是很冷静的,现在却显得万分慌张。
  Professor Aronnax, he answered me, I don't know what kind of fearsome creature I'm up against, and I don't want my frigate running foolish risks in all this darkness.
  阿龙纳斯先生,他回答我,我没摸清楚我所要对付的这怪物到底厉害到什么程度,我不愿意在这么一片黑暗中,随便让战舰去冒险。
  Besides, how should we attack this unknown creature, how should we defend ourselves against it?
  再说,怎样来攻击这个神秘东西呢,又怎样来防御这东西呢?
  Let's wait for daylight, and then we'll play a different role.
  我们等到天亮,情况便不同了。
  You've no further doubts, commander, as to the nature of this animal?
  舰长,您现在对于这个动物的性质没有什么疑惑了吗?
  No, sir, it's apparently a gigantic narwhale, and an electric one to boot.
  没有疑惑了,先生,明明白白,这是一条巨大的独角鲸,同时又是一条带电的独角鲸。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/hdlwl/272849.html