公众人物毕业演讲 第170期:比尔·奈马萨诸塞大学2014(17)(在线收听) |
And are we alone?. 二是我们是否唯一。
Those 2 deep questions drive us all through our whole lives.
这两个深刻问题伴随着我们的整个生命。
And to answer those 2 questions.
要回答这两个问题。
we have to continue to explore outer space.
我们就需要持续对外太空的探索。
When I was in school, I had a remarkable professor Carl Sagan.
我上学时 有一位很不寻常的教授叫卡尔?萨根。
He spoke often about, I did, yeah, I did.
他经常说… 真的 我上过他的课。
Just look everybody. I was just some guy in the black little room. I was not....
我当时只是教室后排一个不起眼的学生。
Anyway, Carl Sagan spoke often about the possibility of life on other worlds.
无论如何 卡尔?萨根经常讲其它世界存在生命的可能性。
Well my friends, class of 2014, it's possible that in the next few years.
2014届毕业的朋友们 或许过不了几年。
the extraordinary will happen.
非凡的事就会发生。
It's possible in the next few years, we may discover evidence of life.
或许过不了几年 我们就能发现。
some sort of fossil Martian microbe.
某种化石火星微生物的证据。
a "Marscrobe" perhaps on that other world.
这就是另一个世界的生命。
It would utterly change this one.
这会颠覆我们的世界。
It would change the way each and every one of us thinks of.
这会改变我们每个人对自己。
his or her place in the cosmos, our place in space.
在宇宙中 在太空中处于什么地位的考虑。
We are very hopeful, the Planetary Society, that we're going to send a mission.
我们行星协会非常希望能够发送探测器。
to the moon of Jupiter, Europa.
到木卫二去。
Which has geysers spewing seawater into outer space.
木卫二上有间歇泉 将海水喷射到太空。
What if we found some sort of Europeanion plankton?.
或许我们能够在木卫二上找到浮游生物。
It would change everything
这会改变一切。
It would change the way each and every one of us thinks about our place in space.
这会改变我们每个人对自己在太空中的定位。
Now when you put a message in a bottle and toss that bottle into the ocean.
当你将消息装进瓶子 然后把瓶子扔进海里时。
You might have some vague hope that it will be returned to you some day.
希望虽然渺茫 但你会希望有人某天会给你回信。
From someone in some exotic place.
回信可能来自很遥远的异国。
Like Bak Alhenie, or Yangshan, or Buzzards Bay.
像巴克阿尔赫尼 洋山 或是巴泽兹湾。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/gzrwyj/330976.html |