英语听书《海底两万里》第142期 第10章 水中人(13)(在线收听

   Sir, even though you've cut yourself off from humanity, I can see that you haven't disowned all human feeling.

  先生,您虽然跟人类世界不相往来,但我想您还没有公开否认人的情感。
  We're castaways whom you've charitably taken aboard, we'll never forget that.
  我们是被您好心收留在您船上的受难者,我们忘不了您的好意。
  Speaking for myself, I don't rule out that the interests of science could override even the need for freedom, which promises me that, in exchange,
  至于我,如果因为科学的关系可以把自由忘记的话,那我很知道,
  our encounter will provide great rewards.
  我们两人的相遇可能给我巨大的补偿。
  I thought the commander would offer me his hand, to seal our agreement. He did nothing of the sort. I regretted that.
  我想,船长是一定要跟我握手,借此表示我们的意见是一致的。但他并不这样做。我真替他惋惜。
  One last question, I said, just as this inexplicable being seemed ready to withdraw.
  最后一个问题。当这个神秘的人物想退出去的时候,我对他说。
  Ask it, professor.
  教授先生,您说吧。
  By what name am I to call you?
  我应当怎样称呼您呢?
  Sir, the commander replied, to you, I'm simply Captain Nemo;* to me, you and your companions are simply passengers on the Nautilus.
  先生,船长回答,在您来说,我不过是尼摩船长,在我来说,您和您的同伴不过是诺第留斯号的乘客。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/hdlwl/336210.html