口腔临床英语对话 第23期:牙周治疗(3)(在线收听

  Do you think that it might be better to extract them?
  你是不是认为把牙齿拔掉会好些?
  Certainly not! Your condition isn't that severe.
  当然不是,你的情况并不那么严重,
  Also, I'm sure that your teeth can be saved for many years if you have proper treatment.
  假如治疗得当,可以肯定你的牙齿能保住好多年。
  Thank you, Doctor. I hope that you can begin my treatment soon.
  谢谢你!医生。我希望您能很快就开始给我治疗。
  There's a patient in the waiting room, Doctor.
  医生,在候诊室里有一个病人等着,
  She said that she has pain and swelling around an upper tooth.
  她说她的上排牙齿又痛又肿。
  I'm busy right now, but I can see her in about 15 minutes.
  我现在正忙着呢,在过大约十五分钟我可以看她。
  Take a stat X-ray of the painful tooth, and have it ready for me when I examine her.
  给她的痛牙照光片,做好准备,以便我给她检查。
  Hello, I'm Doctor Smith.
  你好,我是史密斯医生。
  Hello, Doctor. This tooth has bothered me for the last two days.
  你好,医生,这颗牙已经痛了我两天了。
  You have a gum abscess (periodontal abscess).
  你有牙龈脓肿(牙周脓肿)。
  Am I going to lose my tooth?
  我的牙会脱落吗?
  Probably not. I think I should try to save it. I'm sure that the tooth can be treated successfully.
  大概不会,我会尽力保住它的,我相信这颗牙会治疗成功的。
  What will you have to do?
  你给我怎样治疗呢?
  First, I'll give you a local anesthetic to make you comfortable.
  我首先给你做局部麻醉,使你感到不难受。
  Then I'll reshape the tooth to reduce the length of it a little bit.
  然后我要给这颗牙齿弄一弄,使它的长度变得短一些。
  That will help to relieve the pressure on the tooth and reduce the pain.
  这样做有助于减少对牙齿的压力,减少痛苦。
  Less biting pressure will also help it heal faster.
  咬起来压力小了也有助于快点康复。
  I've notice that the tooth is loose.
  我已经发觉这颗牙齿松了。
  After the infection is healed, the tooth will become firmer (tighter).
  等到感染治疗好了之后,牙齿就会变得不松动了。
  I'll make a small, quick incision in the gum to drain the infection.
  我就给你的牙龈开个小口让脓流出来,
  Don't worry, it won't take me a long time and it won't hurt.
  不用担心,不用很长时间,也不会痛。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/kqlcyydh/342923.html