外贸口语一点通第156期:网上交易之降低价格(在线收听

   Reduce the price 降低价格

  A:I'm afraid your price is much too high. You know our order is a sizable one.
  恐怕你方的价格太高了。你知道为我们的订货量相当大。
  B:May I ask what size of your order is?
  请问你方订货量有多大?
  A:500 dozens.
  500打。
  B:You can hardly call it a sizable order, can you?
  你很难称这个订货量相当大,对吧?
  A:But still it is an order of some size, moreover, we are not your new customers. I hope you will leave us some margin to cover the advertising expenses.
  还是比较大的,更何况,我们都是你们的老客户了。我希望你们留给我们一点利润空间以抵消广告花费。
  B:Then what's your idea?
  最好是45美元一打。
  A:45 dollars per dozen is the best we can do.
  最好是45美元一打。
  B:You mean we reduce the price and your counter-offer is too wide. The best we can do will be a reduction of 3 dollars. I must say it is our lowest price and we can't go any further.
  你的意思是我方再降10美元。对不起,你的还盘价和我们的报价相差太远了。我方最多降3美元。我得说这是最低价,我们不能再降价了。
  1.I'm afraid that...恐怕……,通常不用that,用以有礼貌地表达可能令人不快的信息。
  I can't help you, I'm afraid.
  对不起,我帮不了你的忙。
  But I'm afraid of losing again.
  恐怕这一次我又要失败。
  I'm afraid I have to leave now.
  恐怕我现在必须离开了。
  2.marginn. 边缘;利润,余裕;页边的空白 vt. 加边于;加旁注于
  profit margin [经]利润率
  continental margin 大陆边缘
  gross margin [经]毛利
  wide margin 广泛的回旋余地;广泛的利于行事的权力
  Some analysts doubt that the unit can ever regain a 20 per cent margin.
  一些分析师怀疑,该部门可能再也无法实现20%的利润率。
  That margin and other market failings add up to 20% to the cost of every sack.
  这么一让价再加上其他市场弊端使得每袋粮成本损失高达20%。
  But the future gains from selling low-margin hardware businesses may be limited.
  不过,出售低收益的硬件业务所得长远来看是有限的。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/wmyyydt/374453.html