外贸口语一点通第159期:网上交易之谈论打折(在线收听

   Discount 谈论打折

  A: Now, let's come to the point. I'm afraid we have to talk more about the price you've offered. Anyway, if you're prepared to give me a 5% reduction, we'd like to increase our original order to 100 sets.
  我们言归正传吧。恐怕我们还得就你方的要价再谈一谈。不管怎么样,如果你打算减价5%的话,我们将原来的订购增加到100台。
  B: Well, that's really a large order.
  嗯,数量的确相当大。
  A: It certainly is.
  当然。
  B: But you know we've never lowered the price that much. You can't expect us to make such a large reduction.
  但你知道我们从来没有降价那么低。你不要指望我们打这么大的折扣。
  A: In that case there is no need for further discussion.
  如果那样,就没有必要再讨论下去了。
  B: Let's not be hasty. Perhaps it's unwise for either of us to insist on his own price. How about meeting each other half way?
  我们不要太着急。我们任何一方坚持自己的价格也许都不是不适合的,各自做一些让步怎么样?
  A: Well, what about your suggestions?
  那么你们有什么好意见啊?
  B: We go in for business on the basis of mutual benefit. How about splitting the difference, 2% off?
  好吧,我们主张在互利的基础上做生意,那么我们各自让一半,减价2%怎么样?
  A: That is hardly half way. Let's both make a further concession, say 3%?
  这还没有达到妥协。我们双方做进一步的让步,3%怎么样?
  B: You are really a hard bargain. Are you going to place an order now?
  你真会还价。你现在要订货吗?
  A: Yes, of course.
  是的。
  “expect somebody to do something”意思是“某件事物会发生或某人(某事物)会来到”
  You can't expect to learn a foreign language in a week.
  不要期望一个星期就能学会一门外语。
  “expect something from somebody”意思是“期望从某人处得到某事物”
  I was expecting a present from her, so I was disappointed I didn't receive one.
  我原来一直期望着能收到她送的礼物,所以因得不到而失望。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/wmyyydt/374457.html