外贸口语一点通第199期:货物保险之类型选择(在线收听) |
Choose a type of insurance 类型选择
A: Have you taken out insurance yet on the shipment?
您是否已经替这批货投保了?
B: Yes, we talked about it with our underwriter, and we think that we should get a policy for total loss only.
是的,我们和保险公司谈过,觉得应该投保全损险。
A: Why TLO? That only helps if the goods are destoryed, or damaged so badly that they can't be used.
为何要投全损险?这种险只有在货物全毁或破损到不能使用的情况下才有用啊。
B: We have shipped a lot of goods. We think TLO is the best policy for shipment. Trust us, please.
我们出过很多货,我们觉得全损险对这批货是最合适的。请相信我们。
A: OK, we'll trust you this time.
好吧,这次就听你们的。
B: Thanks, there is really no need to worry. Our company has never lost money because of under insurance. Your shipment is secure.
谢谢。真的不用担心。我们公司从来没有因为不足额保险而造成损失过。您的货不会有问题的。
背景知识认知:
1. TLO是“a policy for total loss”的缩写,意为“全损险”。全损险是指全部损失、实际损失和推定全损的总称,是海洋运输货物保险的主要险种之一。
2. under insurance 不足额保险
eg. We don't want to take the risk of losing money because of under insurance.
我们不想冒因投保不足而造成损失的风险。
eg. In the case of under-insurance, the insurer shall acquire the right to the subject matter insured in the proportion that the insured amount bears to the insured value.
但是,在不足额保险情况下,保险人按照保险金额与保险价值的比例取得对保险标的的部分权利。
3. underwriter
n. 保险公司;保险业者;承诺支付者;担保人
eg. It is the top underwriter of corporate bonds in China.
该公司是中国最大的企业债券承销商。
eg. Depending on whether an operation is invoked by the customer or by the underwriter, the returned behavior may be quite different.
根据某个操作是由客户还是由担保人调用的,所返回的行为可能会有很大不同。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/wmyyydt/374835.html |