外贸口语一点通第230期:商业宴请之点菜(1)(在线收听) |
Order Dishes 点菜(1)
A:Mr. Martin, you must be hungry after having visited the company long time. Do you?
马丁先生,参观公司这么长时间您一定饿了吧,是吗?
B:Yes, I'm very hungry. And you?
是的,我饿,你呢?
A:Me too. Now let's go to the lunch.
我也是。我们一起去吃午饭吧。
B:So, what are we going to eat?
我们吃点什么?
A:You're the guest, so you can have anything you like. Here's the menu.
您是客人,您可以点您喜欢吃的东西。这是菜单。
B:That's very kind of you, but I am not able to read Chinese, so you'll have to help me.
非常感谢,但是我不认识汉字,所以您必须得帮助我。
A:OK then. What would you like to drink?
那么好吧。您想喝点什么?
B:I'd like a glass of beer.
我想喝杯咖啡。
A:How about Qingdao beer? It's one of the most famous beers in China.
青岛啤酒怎么样?它是中国最著名的啤酒之一了。
B:Oh, I have heard it long before. Let me have a try.
哦,我很久以前就听说过了。让我试一试。
A:What would you like to have?
您想吃点什么?
B:I like Chinese food.
我喜欢中国菜。
A:What's food concretely?
具体什么菜呢?
B:I'm not familiar to the name of the food. I'm at your disposal.
我对菜的名字不是很熟悉。我听从你的安排。
A:OK. Let me order dishes. Are there any types of food you really don't like?
好吧,我来点菜。您有什么忌口的吗?
B:Well, I'm allergic to silkworm, so that's definitely out. And I'm not too keen on hot peppers or garlic.
哦,我对蚕过敏,所以一定不要点。我不太爱吃辣椒和大蒜。
A:Right, and which kinds of meat do you like?
好的,那您喜欢吃什么肉?
B:Anything is OK, just nothing too exotic!
什么都可以,就是别太怪。
A:So, no chicken feet or silkworms for you!
那么就不给您点鸡爪和蚕蛹了!
B:Ha! No, I'd rather not, thank you very much!
哈!是的,我宁愿不点,多谢!
A:OK, how about we have a roast duck?
好吧。我们先来个烤鸭怎么样?
B:That sounds fine.
听起来不错。
A:And why don't we have some crispy fried pork as well?
我们在来点儿锅爆肉吧?
B:Why not?
为什么不呢?
A:Let me see... What else is there? Have you tried a Chinese salad before?
让我瞧瞧……再点些什么呢?您以前吃过中国色拉吗?
B:I don't think so. What's it like?
我想没有,那是什么东西?
A:Well, it's a cold dish with lots of thin strips of dried tofu, Chinese vermicelli, bean sprouts and pork with a vinegar dressing.
噢,那是用干豆腐丝、粉丝、豆芽和猪肉拌上醋做的凉菜。
B:It sounds interesting. Let's have some.
听起来很有趣,我们点一个吧。
A:Good. And would you like anything else?
好的。您还点儿其他的东西吗?
B:No. That's enough. In America our lunch is usually fast food. It won't last more than one hour.
不,这些足够了。在美国我们的午餐一般吃快餐。通常不会超过一个小时。
A:But in China we have a saying "business is concluded on the table". But don't worry. Please make yourself comfortable.
但是在中国我们有一个说法是“生意是在饭桌上谈出来的”。但是您别担心,请不要拘束。
B:Thank you.
谢谢。
1.be keen on sth对……很感兴趣,喜欢,热衷
eg. He's keen on music.
他很喜欢音乐。
Molly is very keen on the music master.
莫莉很喜欢那位音乐老师。
be keen on doing sth 喜欢做某事
She's keen on growing roses.
她喜欢种玫瑰花。
2.would rather not 宁可不
eg. Well, I would rather not eat now. I do not feel well.
嗯,我现在不太想吃东西。我不太舒服。
eg. I do not know about you but I would rather not buy toxic anything.
我不了解你的情况,但我是不愿购买任何有毒的东西。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/wmyyydt/375114.html |