外贸口语一点通第247期:预约客户之变更约会(在线收听

   Change a meeting

  变更约会
  A:Mr. Brown, I hope I'm not disturbing you.
  布朗先生,希望我没有定打扰您。
  B:No, not at all.
  不,没有。
  A:I must make apologies. I won't be able to keep my appointment with you tomorrow morning. Unforeseen circumstances compel me to leave for New York tomorrow morning, and I'll be gone for a week. I'm afraid I've brought you too much trouble.
  很抱歉明天上午我不能如约与您会谈。有件意外事情我不得不明天上午去巴黎,恐怕得一周的时间。恐怕我给您带来很多麻烦。
  B:Never mind. It's understandable. Do you want to cancel the appiontment?
  不要紧。可以理解。那您想取消这次会谈吗?
  A:No. I wonder if we could postpone the meeting to next Thursday.
  不,我想知道能否推迟到下周四。
  B:But I've got a very tight schedule next Thursday. I might not be able to make it.
  可是下周四我的日程安排得满满的。很难再重新安排。
  A:How about next Friday?
  那下周五怎么样?
  B:Oh, Friday is OK.
  哦,周五可以。
  A:Will the afternoon suit you?
  那下午您方便吗?
  B:Yes, the afternoon will be just as good.
  是的,下午可以。
  A:Then shall we make it at three o'clock?
  那我们就定在下午3点钟吧。
  B:Good. Three o'clock at my office.
  好的。3点钟在我的办公室见面。
  A:OK, that's settled.
  好的,就这么定了。
  “compel”意思是“使某人做某事,强迫”。
  Eg. We cannot compel you to do it, but we think you should.
  我们不能强迫你去做,但认为你应该做。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/wmyyydt/375338.html