木偶奇遇记 第33期:遭到威胁(在线收听) |
He turned to look and behold, there in the darkness stood two big black shadows, wrapped from head to footing black sacks. 他回头一看,就看见黑暗中站着两个巨大的黑影,从头到脚用黑口袋裹着。
Two figures leaped toward him as softly as if they were ghosts.
这是两个人朝他跳过来,脚步轻的像两个鬼魂。
"Here they come!" Pinocchio said to himself, and, not knowing where to hide the gold pieces, he stuck all four of them under his tongue.
“他们来了!”皮诺乔心里说了一声。他不知把金币藏到哪儿好,于是把四个金币全塞在舌头底下。
He tried to run away, but hardly had he taken a step,
他试着逃走,可是刚迈腿
when he felt his arms grasped and heard two horrible, deep voices say to him: "Your money or your life!"
就觉得胳膊被抓住了,并听到两个可怕低沉的声音对他说:“要钱还是要命!”
木偶奇遇记
On account of the gold pieces in his mouth, Pinocchio could not say a word,
因为嘴里塞着金币,皮诺乔没法回答。
so he tried with head and handstand body to show, as best he could, that he was only a poor Marionette without a penny in his pocket.
于是他试着用脑袋和倒立来尽可能的展示——他是个穷木偶,口袋里连一分钱也没有。
"Come, come, less nonsense, and out with your money!"cried the two thieves in threatening voices.
“拿出来,拿出来!别装傻了,把钱拿出来!”两个强盗恐吓着大叫。
Once more, Pinocchio's head and hands said, "I haven't a penny."
再一次,皮诺乔用头和手表示:“我一分钱都没有。”
"Out with that money or you're a dead man," said the taller of the two Assassins.
“不把钱拿出来就要你的命,”高的那个杀人强盗说。
"Dead man," repeated the other.
“要你的命!”另一个跟着又说了一遍。
"And after having killed you, we will kill your father also."
“杀完了你,还要你父亲的命!”
"Your father also!"
“还要你父亲的命!”
"No, no, no, not my Father!" cried Pinocchio, wild with terror; but as he screamed, the gold pieces tinkled together in his mouth.
“别别别,别要我可怜爸爸的命!”皮诺乔恐惧焦急地大叫,可他这么一叫,嘴里的金币就丁丁当当响起来了。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/moqyj/375404.html |