【突破英文对话】Cheap Boyfriend 吝啬男友(在线收听

Cheap Boyfriend 吝啬男友 
 
 
BACKGROUND 背景 
 
 
A cheap guy is avoiding his girlfriend on campus because he lied to her. 
一个小气鬼正在校园里躲避他的女友,因为他对她撒了谎。 
 
 
 
 
A: How’s it going? 
进行得怎么样? 
 
 
B: Not too bad. How are things going with you? 
不错。你的呢? 
 
 
A: Great, just great. Hey, could you do me a favor? Will you keep an eye on my books? I’ll be back in five minutes. 
很好,非常顺利。嘿,你可不可以帮我一个忙?你能不能帮我照看一下这些书?我五分钟后就回来。 
 
 
B: Where are you going? Are you up to something? You look as though you are. 
你到哪儿去?你是不是在做什么坏事啊?看起来像做坏事似的。 
 
 
A: Not really. But here comes my girlfriend. I really don’t want to her to see me. 
不是。我女朋友来了,我不想让她看见我。 
 
 
B: Why not? What’s the problem? Did you have a fight? 
为什么?发生什么事了?你跟她吵架了? 
 
 
A: No, it’s nothing like that. She just had her heart set on seeing a movie tonight. I promised to take her. Then I discovered I didn’t have any money. I called her and said I was sick. 
没有,不是那么回事。她今晚一心想去看电影,我答应带她去的。但是我发现没钱了,就打电话告诉她我病了。 
 
 
B: Relax. She’s going out the other door. You’re safe for the time being. 
别紧张,她从另外一扇门出去了。你暂时没事了。 
 
 
A: That was a close call. I’m lucky she didn’t see me. She would have really hit the roof. 
真危险啊。好在她没看见我。不然,她非火冒三丈不可。 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/tpdh/388101.html