创业成功人士访谈录 第17期:乔布斯(11)(在线收听

   Then, what did you do next?

  那么,接下来你们怎么做的?
  We made more.
  我们干劲倍增。
  We worked harder.
  并且更加努力。
  We said: ‘This is great. Let’s do more.’
  我们曾经说过:“这事儿挺不错, 让我们做得更棒些。”
  I mean, the Mac market share is going up every single quarter.
  我的意思是,Mac的市场份额每个季度都有增长。
  We’re growing four times faster than the industry.
  我们的增长速度比整个行业快4倍。
  People are starting to pay a little more attention.
  人们开始关注我们。
  We’ve helped it along.
  而且我们正保持着这个势头。
  We put Intel processors in and we can run PC apps alongside Mac apps.
  我们把因特尔处理器放了进来,于是我们不仅可以运行Mac软件,
  We helped it along.
  还可以运行PC上的应用程序。
  But I think a lot of it is people have finally started to realize that they don’t have to put up with Windows
  我认为这件事情最重要的一点在于,人们终于意识到,他们没必要再忍受Windows了,
  —that there is an alternative.
  其实还有另一个选择。
  I think nobody really thought about it that way before.
  我认为在此之前,从来没人这样想过。
  Why did you get the idea to launch the Apple store?
  为什么会想开设苹果专卖店?
  It was very simple.
  很简单。
  The Mac faithful will drive to a destination, right?
  苹果的信徒们将会驾车驶向一个目的地,对吧?
  They’ll drive somewhere special just to do that.
  他们会开车去一个特别的地方做喜欢做的事。
  But people who own Windows—we want to convert them to Mac.
  但是对于Window用户来说——我们想要他们转而使用Mac。
  They will not drive somewhere special.
  他们不会开车去特别的地方。
  They don’t think they want a Mac.
  他们觉得自己不需要Mac电脑。
  They will not take the risk of a 20-minute drive in case they don’t like it.
  他们甚至不愿意花上20分钟开车来瞅瞅,他们担心自己压根儿就不喜欢苹果。
  But if we put our store in a mall or on a street that they’re walking by,
  但是如果我们把店面开在大商场里或者大街上,人们会经常走过路过,
  and we reduce that risk from a 20-minute drive to 20 footsteps,
  而我们就可以将20分钟的车程缩短为20步的距离。
  then they’re more likely to go in because there’s really no risk.
  他们进来参观的可能性就大大增加了,这样就不用付出什么成本。
  So we decided to put our stores in high-traffic locations.
  所以我们决定将苹果专卖店开到车流密集的区域。
  And it works.
  它确实奏效了。
  Will you catch tech’s next wave?
  你们会赶上下一波技术热潮吗?
  Things happen fairly slowly, you know.
  事情的发展速度其实十分缓慢,这你也是知道的。
  They do.
  确实如此。
  These waves of technology, you can see them way before they happen,
  这些一波接一波的技术热潮,都是可预见的。
  and you just have to choose wisely which ones you're going to surf.
  你要做的,只是精明地选择站在哪儿。
  If you choose unwisely, then you can waste a lot of energy,
  如果你站错队,那么你就会浪费许多精力。
  but if you choose wisely it actually unfolds fairly slowly.
  但是如果你走对方向,它呈现的速度也是相当之缓慢。
  It takes years.
  可能要花上几年。
  One of our biggest insights years ago
  多年前,我们最具前瞻性的观点之一,
  was that we didn’t want to get into any business where we didn’t own or control the primary technology
  就是不要涉足任何我们不具备或不能掌控核心技术的领域,
  because you’ll get your head handed to you.
  否则你会被杀得片甲不留。
  We realized that almost all一 maybe allof future consumer electronics,
  我们意识到,对于全部的——或许是全部,未来的消费类电子产品而言,
  the primary technology was going to be software.
  软件都将是核心技术。
  And we were pretty good at software.
  而我们在软件领域实在是得心应手。
  We could do the operating system software.
  我们会做操作系统。
  We could write applications on the Mac or even PC, like iTunes.
  可以在Mac甚至PC上编写像iTunes—样的各种程序。
  We could write the software in the device,
  可以编写设备软件,
  like you might put in an iPod or an iPhone or something.
  就像你可以放在iPod或者iPhone或者其他设备中的程序。
  And we could write the back-end software that runs on a cloud, like iTunes.
  同样我们也可以编写像iTunes—样的后台软件。
  So we could write all these different kinds of software and make it work seamlessly.
  因此,我们可以编写多种软件,让它们交织在一起严丝合缝地协同工作。
  And you ask yourself, What other companies can do that?
  试问还有哪些其他公司可以做到这点?
  It’s a pretty short list.
  寥寥无几。
  The reason that we were very excited about the phone, beyond that fact that we all hated our phones,
  在发现了人们厌倦自己手机的事实之后,我们对自己的手机产品变得极端兴奋,
  was that we didn’t see anyone else who could make that kind of contribution.
  原因在于,我们发现除了我们没人能为此作出贡献。
  None of the handset manufacturers really are strong in software.
  没有任何一个掌上设备制造商在软件领域有实力。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/cycgftl/400451.html