创业成功人士访谈录 第27期:皮埃尔奥米迪亚(2)(在线收听) |
How would you describe yourself as a kid? 你怎样来描述自己小时候的样子?
I was actually interested in gadgets, little electronic gadgets.
实际上,我对小装置很感兴趣,小的电子装置。
Whether it was calculators一actually I remember early on going out shopping for a calculator— and this was when calculators were like $100,you know, I mean一and with my dad, I think.
不管是不是计算器——事实上我还记得小时候去买过计算器,那个时候计算器差不多要卖100美元,我记得是跟我爸爸一起去的。
And so I was always fascinated by these little gadgets and I always managed to break them for one reason or another, of course, as kids do,
所以,我总是被这些小装置吸引,而且我经常会出于各种各样的原因把他们拆掉,当然,就像其他小孩子一样。
and then I would take them apart and try to fix them, which I was never able to.
然后我就把它们拆开,然后试图修好它们,但是我从来都没有成功过。
Do you recall early influences in your life? Who was important to you?
回想一下,什么对你的生活有影响?谁是对你来说最重要的人?
I think it’s both my mom and my dad. They were separated when I was two, I think, but my dad was always part of my life.
我想应该是我的父母。在我两岁的时候,他们就离婚了。但是我觉得,爸爸永远是我生活的一部分。
I lived with my mom, but my dad was always around.
我跟妈妈一起住,但是爸爸经常在身边。
I remember when I was younger spending weekends with my dad, who is a surgeon and a medical doctor, doing rounds with him.
我记得我小的时候跟爸爸一起过周末,他是一位外科医生,也是一名医学博士,我一直跟着他。
We would spend maybe 45 minutes in the car going from one hospital to the next and we’d have some great conversations.
我们经常开车45分钟从一个医院到另一个,我们有过很多很美好的对话。
That’s one of my fond childhood memories.
这是我很喜欢的童年回忆之一.
What did you talk about?
你们都谈些什么?
My dad still does have a fascinating kind of grasp of all things, and we'd talk about history and art.
我爸爸对事物有很好的掌控能力,我们经常谈关于历史和艺术的话题。
When I say conversation, that’s not quite accurate. It was mostly one way.
说是“谈话”,其实不是特别准确。因为基本就只是单方面的说。
Now that I’m older —I’m 33 now —I think if I was in his shoes I'd think,“This kid isn’t hearing anything i'm saying,” from my reaction.
现在我长大了--33岁了,我想我理解他了,他对我的反应就是“这孩子根本没听我说话。”
It’s funny now that I look back on it,it was a precious time for me.
现在回头看的时候觉得很有意思,这 对我来说是一段珍贵的回忆。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/cycgftl/400631.html |