创业成功人士访谈录 第55期:我非常喜欢自己的工作(5)(在线收听) |
So talk about internationalization.It’s coming late next year. 现在谈谈国际化的问题吧。掘客网的国际化应该是在明年晚些时候进行。
As a bit of a hint, are there any countries where Digg is extremely popular and a language translation might make sense?
能否透露掘客网在哪些国家最受欢迎,最早可能出现什么语言版本的掘客网?
Well, London is our largest city overall.
伦敦是我们用户最多的城市。
But outside of that, as far as different languages are concerned, there is demand from certain users coming in and writing to us,
除此之外,只要有不同语言的存在,该语种的用户就会出现写信要求我们。
but we see a lot of Digg-type clone sites, and those are the ones that we kind of keep tabs on.
但是我们也发现了许多模仿我们的网站,对于这些网站我们一直保持密切关注。
So we say, OK, where are our competitors and how are they doing?
所以我们会说,我们的竞 争对手在哪里?他们进展如何?
There’s a Spanish version of Digg, there’s a German version of Digg that’s called Yigg or something like that.
有一个西班牙语版本的掘客网,还有一个德语版的掘客网,叫做伊格之类。
And they’re unofficial, or do they use your API or anything like that?
这些都是非正式的网站?他们使用的是你们的应用编程接□还是类似其他的?
They’re unofficial. They do their own thing.
他们都是非正式网站。不过,他们都是自己在发展。
And then there’s also a Digg in Japan that has some traction as well.
日本也有一个类似网站很受欢迎。
So we look at this stuff and we say, OK, what do we do? Do we open up a version of Digg out there?
对于这些网站,我们怎么办?我们需要在那开设该国家语言的掘客网吗?
Do we acquire these companies?
我们需要收购这些网站吗?
It’s all stuff that we talk about and I think that where you’ll see this expand first is a combination of both requests from users and where our competitors are starting to take off.
实际上,我们一直研究这些问题。我想,我们的扩展首先会出现在用户需求大,竞争对手正在腾飞的地方。
So you might acquire a smaller competitor?
所以你们有可能会收购一家较小规模的竞争对手?
Sure, potentially.
当然有这种可能。
Would you look at all into “crowd-sourced” language translations that we,re seeing on sites like Facebook and Hi5?
你们是否会考虑像脸谱网和Hi5那样,利用用户进行“群组”翻译?
The translation, we don’t have a ton of things that would need to be translated.
翻译,我们实际上没有多少东西需要翻译。
It’s not like we would be translating the US submissions.
这不是要我们为美国用户翻译。
It would be their own submissions and a whole separate engine running an instance of Digg outside of our own,
他们为自己翻译并且有独立的引擎系统可以在掘客网外部运行
but still connected so that you could go to the US version of Digg and it would show up in your profile and everything.
但是必须是与我们保持联系,这样你便可以在你的文件夹或者其他任何地方看到美国版本的掘客网。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/cycgftl/400659.html |