历史英雄名人演讲 第66期:丘吉尔演讲稿(1)(在线收听) |
15. Winston Churchill's Speech 15. 丘吉尔演讲稿
I now invite the House by a resolution to record its approval of the steps taken and declare its confidence in the new government.
现在我请求国会做出决议,批准我所采取的各项步骤,启示记录在案,并且声明信任新政府。
The new resolution:
决议如下:
"That this House welcomes the formation of a government representing the united
本国会欢迎新政府的组成,她体现了举国一致的坚定不移的决心:
and inflexible resolve of the nation to prosecute the war with Germany to a victorious conclusion."
对德作战,直到最后胜利。
To form an administration of this scale and complexity is a serious undertaking in itself.
组织如此规模和如此复杂的政府原本是一项重大的任务。
But we are in the preliminary Phase of one of the greatest battles in history.
但是我们正处于历史上罕见的一场大战的初始阶段。
We are in action at any other points-in Norway and in Holland-and we have to be prepared in the Mediterranean.
我们在其他许多地点作战—在挪威,在荷兰,我们还必须在地中海做好准备。
The air battle is continuing, and many preparations have to be made here at home.
空战正在继续,而且在本土也必须做好许多准备工作。
In this crisis I think I may be pardoned if I do not address the House at any length today,
值此危急关头,我想,即使我今天向国会的报告过于简略,也当能见谅。
and I hope that any of my friends and colleagues or for men colleagues
我还希望所有在这次改纽中受到影响的朋友、
who are affected by the political reconstruction will make all allowances for any lack of ceremony with which it has been necessary to act.
同僚和旧日的同僚们对必要的礼仪方面的任何不周之处能毫不介意。
I say to the House as I said to Ministers who have joined this government, I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat.
我向国会表明,一如我向入阁的大臣们所表明的,我所能奉献的惟有热血、辛劳、眼泪和汗水。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/lsyymryy/401607.html |