公众人物毕业演讲 第461期:扎克伯格2017哈佛毕业演讲(5)(在线收听) |
I found that out the hard way. 意识到这点非常难。
You see, my hope was never to build a company, I wanna to have an impact.
我从来没想过创造一个公司,我想要的是创造影响力。
And as all these people started joining us, I just assumed that's what they wanted to do too,
越来越多的人加入我们,我以为他们跟我关心的是同样的东西,
so I never took the time to explain what it was that I hoped we'd build.
所以我从来没花时间解释过我到底希望建立什么。
A couple years in, some big companies wanted to buy us.
几年来,一些大公司想要收购我们。
I didn't want to sell.
我拒绝了。
I wanted to see if we could connect more people.
我只是想知道我是否能使更多的人连接在一起。
and we were building the first version of News Feed at the time, and I thought if we could just launch this,
那是我们正在建立第一个版本的新闻流,我想,如果我们能做到这一点,
we could change how we all learn about the world.
我们能改变我们认识世界的方式。
Nearly everyone else wanted to sell.
几乎所有人都想让我把公司卖了。
Without a sense of higher purpose, this was their startup dream come true. and it tore our company apart.
因为没有更高远的使命感,所以把我们新开的公司使他们的梦想得到实现。由于意见不合,使得我们公司内部四分五裂。
扎克伯格
After one particularly tense argument,
经过一次尤为激烈的争论后,
one of my close advisor told me if I didn't agree to sell the company right now, I would regret that decision for the rest of my life.
有一位顾问跟我说,如果我现在不立刻把公司卖掉的话,我会终身后悔的。
Relationships were so frayed that within a year or so every single person on the management team was gone.
在一年左右的时间里,当时的管理层几乎都走了。
That was my hardest time leading Facebook.
这是我在脸书里最艰难的时期,
I believed in what we were doing, but I felt alone.
我相信我们在做的东西,但是我也感到很孤独。
And worse, it was my fault.
更糟糕的是,当时我觉得这是我的错,
I wondered if I was just wrong, an imposter, a 22 year-old kid who had no idea how things actually worked.
我在想是不是我错了,一个骗子,一个22岁的、少不更事的小孩。
Now, years later, I understand that is how things work when there is no sense of higher purpose.
多年以后的今天,我明白了,那是因为还没有更高的目标。
It's up to us to create it so we can all keep moving forward together.
是否创造它取决于我们,所以我们能一起前进。
And today, I want to talk about three ways that we can create a world where everyone has a sense of purpose:
今天我想谈谈创造一个每个人都有使命感的世界的三种方法:
by taking on big meaningful projects together,
一起做有意义的项目;
by redefining equality so everyone has the freedom to pursue their purpose, and by building community all across the world.
通过重新定义平等,使每个人都有追求他们目标的自由;在全世界建立社群。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/gzrwyj/409145.html |