公众人物毕业演讲 第465期:扎克伯格2017哈佛毕业演讲(9)(在线收听) |
But I know too many people who haven't the chance to pursue their dreams, 但是我知道很多人不敢追求梦想,
because they didn't have a cushion to fall back on if they failed.
因为一旦他们失败,就什么都没了。
We all know you don't get successful just by having a good idea or working hard.
我们都知道,想要成功,光凭一个好想法,或者一个好的工作态度,是远远不够的。
You get successful by being lucky too.
幸运也是成功很重要的因素。
If I had to support my family growing up instead of having the time to learn how to code,
如果当初,我无法花时间学习如何编写代码,而是必须勤工俭学补贴家用,
if I didn't know that I was gonna be fine if Facebook didn't work out, then I wouldn't be standing here today.
如果我无法承受“万一脸书不能成功”这一假设,那么我今天都不会站在这里。
And if we're honest, we all know how much luck we've had to get to this point in our lives.
我要说,能够有今天,我们是多么的幸运。
Every generation expands its definition of equality.
每一代人的成长都扩大了对平等的定义。
Previous generations fought for the vote and civil rights.
前几代人争取投票权和民权,
They had the New Deal and Great Society.
他们争取到了新政和更好的社会。
马克与妻子
And now it's time for our generation to define a new social contract.
现在到了我们为这一代人定义新的社会契约的时候了。
We should have a society that measures progress not just by economic metrics like GDP,
我们应该有一个不仅仅凭借GDP这样的经济指标来衡量进步的社会,
but by how many of us have a role we find meaningful.
而是一个每个人都可以找到自己的存在意义和角色的社会。
We should explore ideas like universal basic income to make sure that everyone a cushion to try new ideas.
我们应该探索像“普遍基本收入”这样的观念,确保每一个人都有机会尝试新事物。
We’re all gonna change jobs and roles many times, so we need affordable childcare to get to work and healthcare that aren't tied to just one employer.
每个人都有可能换很多工作和角色,这就要求我们得建立人人都负担得起的儿童托管保育机构和不约束于雇佣者的医疗保健,这样让人可以没有负担地去上班。
And we're all gonna make mistakes, so we need a society that's less focused on locking us up or stigmatizing us when we do.
人人都会犯错,所以我们需要一个更少污蔑与束缚的社会。
And as our technology keeps on evolving, we need the society that is more focused on continuous education throughout our lives.
随着技术的不断变化,我们要更多地关注继续教育,活到老,学到老。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/gzrwyj/409248.html |