历史英雄名人演讲 第119期:汤姆·克鲁斯第74届奥斯卡颁奖典礼开幕词(在线收听

   17.Opening Remarks for the 74th Oscar Academy Awards 17.汤姆.克鲁斯第74届奥斯卡颁奖典礼开幕词

  When the great director Billy Wilder was asked what makes a movie unforgettable, 当人们问及伟大的导演比利·怀尔德是什么使一部电影令人难以忘怀时,
  his answer was simple, "A little bit of magic!" 他的回答非常简单:“一点点魅力!”
  We're all here tonight or sitting at home watching because something came off a movie screen: a little bit of magic touched our lives. 今天晚上,所有嘉宾聚集在此,所有电视观众聚焦荧屏,是因为电影屏幕给我们带来的那“一点点魅力”触动了我们的生命。
  And you always remember where you were: the theater, the popcorn, the people you were with when it happened. 当它上演时,你总会记着你身处何地:戏院,爆米花,还有那时你身旁的那个人。
  It was 1968, my family was living in Ottawa, Canada, and the movie was Stanley Kubrick's 2001: a Space Odyssey; 1968年,我们全家生活在加拿大的渥太华,当时有一部斯坦利·库布里克主演的电影《2001年太空漫游》在上演。
  I couldn't help stop thinking about what is life, what is space, what is existence? 看完这部电影,我不禁开始思考:什么是生命?什么是宇宙?什么是存在?
  I was 6 years old. And I knew right then and there I wanted to be an astronaut. 那个时候,我6岁。我决定成为一名宇航员。
  My family traveled a lot: the white-hot thrill of Jaws that was Louisville, Kentucky; 我的家庭经历过数次搬迁。在肯塔基州的路易丝维尔,《大白鲨》给了我最强烈的震撼;
  senior year, New Jersey Apocalypse Now, Valley Forge, Pennsylvania Raging Bull. 高中的时候,我在新泽西州和宾夕法尼亚州的弗吉谷又先后受到《现代启示录》和《愤怒的公牛》两部电影的感染。
  I knew I wanted to be an actor. In good times and poor times, movies were my lifesaver. 那时我想成为一名演员。无论身处顺境还是在逆境,电影都是我的救生员。
  And then last September came an event that would change us. 去年发生了911事件,我们对于工作和生活的态度也发生了改变。
  An actor friend said to me: "What are we doing? What are we doing? Is it important? Is it even important what I do?" 一位演员朋友对我说:“我们在做什么?我们究竟是在做什么?重要吗?我们所做的一切重要吗?”
  And what of a night like tonight, should we celebrate the joy and magic the movies bring? Well, dare I say it? More than ever! 在今天这样一个美妙的夜晚,我们应不应该庆祝电影给我们带来的欢乐和魅力?我想我敢说:我们要更加隆重地庆祝!
  A small scene, a gesture, even a glance between characters can cross lines, 电影里的一个小场景、一个手势,甚至演员之间的一点眼神交流,都可以跨越彼此之间的界限,
  break through barriers, melt prejudie, just plain make us laugh, 打破彼此之间的屏障,消融彼此之间的偏见。或者更直白地说,电影让我们欢笑,
  it brings us all together, that little bit of magic. That's just me. 使我们在一起。这就是那一点点魅力。这就是我对于电影的理解。
  Tonight we are going to listen to you. 今天晚上,我们将听取各位的理解。
  Documentary filmmaker Errol Morris crisscrossed America asking movie goers and culture-makers a question: 纪录片和制作人埃罗尔·莫里斯走遍美国各地,向电影观众和文艺传播者提出了一个问题:
  "What do movies mean to you?" And you answered. So let's expand this beautiful stage into every one of your homes. “电影对于您来说意味着什么?”你们已经给出了答案。那么现在,让我们把这个美丽的舞台延伸到每一个家庭。
  And maybe even some of you will answer this question as you stand on this stage tonight, 或许你们之中会有人站在今晚的舞台上回答这个问题:
  "What do movies mean to you?" So pull up a sofa It's just us, talking. It's Oscar night. “电影对于您来说意味着什么?”现在,让我们站起来,让我们来共同探讨这个问题。奥斯卡颁奖典礼,现在开始!
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/lsyymryy/413956.html