ESL杰夫的一天 第7期:起床讲解(6)(在线收听) |
When we say there is some noise--some sound--outside the house or outside of the house-- 我们说屋外或屋子外面——两种表达都可以——有噪音—— you can say either one--we mean that someone is making a noise that is very loud. 一些声音的时候,我们的意思是有人在制造很大的噪音。
Some of those noises are "a car door slamming." 有些噪音是“轿车关门声”。
The verb, to slam, "slam," means that you close the door usually very quickly and you make a loud noise. 动词猛击,“slam”是指你关门速度很快,发出很大的声音。
Someone closes their car door very fast, it will make a noise; we call that "slamming the door." 有些人关车门很快,就会发出声音;我们把这称为“摔门”。
My mother always used to tell me when I was young, 小时候我妈妈经常告诉我,
"Don't slam the doors," meaning when I come in and close the door, I should close it slowly and quietly. “不要摔门”,意思是我走近去关门的时候,速度要慢,声音要小。
Of course, I was not a good boy so I would sometimes slam the door. 当然我不是乖小孩,所以有时候会摔门。
As I was saying, an alarm goes off, that's another noise that can wake you up outside and this would be a car alarm. 就像我说的,汽车报警声,这是另一种能够吵醒你的声音,是汽车的报警声。
Here, in Los Angeles, everyone has a car alarm, and sometimes those alarms go off at night. 在洛杉矶,每个人都有汽车报警器,有时候它们会在夜晚响起来。
Another noise is gunfire; gun, "gun," fire, "fire." 另一种声音是枪火声;枪,“gun”,火,“fire”。
Gunfire is when someone shoots a gun and it makes a noise. 枪火声是指某人开枪时发出的声音。
This is, again, Los Angeles, so we sometimes have gunfire but of course, I'm joking. 还是在洛杉矶,有时候会有枪火声,当然了,我在开玩笑。
I say, "well, okay, not gunfire," meaning I'm just kidding--that isn't actually true, although, it is true sometimes. 我说“呃,好吧,没有炮火声”意思是我在开玩笑——虽然这不是真的,但有时候还真是这样。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jfdyt/414285.html |