ESL杰夫的一天 第17期:清洁讲解(6)(在线收听) |
Well, now we've gargled and spit. 嗯,现在我们漱了口并吐干净了。 I say these are "Not pleasant, but necessary." 我说这漱口水“用它虽不愉快,但却有必要用。”
Not necessarily something nice but something I have to do. 也就是说某物未必很好但我却一定要用。
After I use the mouthwash, "Then I get out," or take out, "the floss." 用完漱口水后,“我就拿出,”或取出,“牙线”
Floss, "floss," is a piece of string that you put in between your teeth to clean; we call that floss. 牙线(floss),是一根你放在牙齿之间清理的线;我们称之为牙线。
And, there's a verb, to floss, which means to use that little piece of string. 它还有动词“用牙线清洁牙齿”的意思,就是说使用那根细线。
"When I'm done flossing," when I'm finished flossing, "I pull out," or take out, "the toothbrush and the toothpaste." “用牙线清洁好牙齿后,”我完成了用牙线清洁好牙齿的时候,“我取出,”或拿出,“牙刷和牙膏。”
The toothbrush is what you use to clean your teeth; 牙刷是你用来清洁牙齿的;
the toothpaste is like the soap that you use to clean your teeth. 牙膏类似于肥皂,是用来洁牙的。
But, we do not call it tooth soap; we call it toothpaste. 但是,我们不把它叫做牙皂;而叫牙膏。
It comes in a container that we call a tube, and the tube, "tube," is where the toothpaste is, 它是装在牙膏管里的,牙膏管(tube),里面有牙膏,
and you usually squeeze the tube, "squeeze," to get the toothpaste out of the tube. 你一般要挤(squeeze)牙膏管来把牙膏挤出来。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jfdyt/414295.html |