ESL杰夫的一天 第44期:穿好衣服 准备上班讲解(6)(在线收听

   "I put on my belt with the silver buckle and polish my shoes." “我系上带有银搭扣的皮带,然后把鞋擦干净。”

  A belt, "belt," is what you use to keep your pants from falling down. 皮带(belt),是你用来防止裤子掉下去的物品。
  A buckle is the piece of, usually, metal in the front that connects the belt so it forms a circle around your body. 搭扣通常是皮带前头的一块金属,它搭接皮带的两端,这样皮带会在你身上形成一个圈。
  I have a silver buckle that I put on with my belt. 我系的皮带有个银搭扣。
  I also "polish my shoes." To polish, "polish," means to clean and to make shiny, "shiny." 我还“把鞋擦干净。”擦亮(polish),的意思是清洁并使之光亮(shiny)。
  When we say something is shiny, we mean that it's bright—it reflects light. 当我们说某物有光亮,我们是说它很明亮——它会反光。
  So, when you polish your shoes, you want them to be clean but you also want them to look like they are bright—they are reflecting light. 因此,你把鞋擦干净时,你不但想要它们干净,而且还想要它们看起来很明亮——它们在反光。
  I polish my shoes and my head, so it's very shiny! 我擦干净鞋子和头发,因此它们非常有光泽!
  "I put my cell phone," my cellular or mobile phone, "and car keys in my front pocket." “我把手机和车钥匙放进前兜里”
  You have front pockets and you have back pockets in a pair of pants. 一条裤子有前兜和后兜。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jfdyt/421200.html