ESL杰夫的一天 第53期:开车上班讲解(4)(在线收听

   To re-adjust means to adjust again. “Re-adjust”是“重新调整”的意思。

  That prefix re, means again in English, usually. 前缀“re”在英语中一般是“重新”的意思。
  To adjust means to-to move them so that I can see properly — I can see into the mirror. “Adjust”的意思是调整它们这样我就能看清楚镜子里的物体。
  There are two types of mirrors on your car: there's the rear, "rear," view, "view," mirror, 汽车上有两种镜子:第一种是后视镜(rear view mirror),
  and that is in the front of the car, on the front window of the car. 它在汽车的前面,汽车的前窗上。
  The front window of your car is called your windshield, "windshield," the windshield. 汽车的前窗又叫做挡风玻璃(windshield)。
  So, on your windshield, on the top in the middle, is your rear view mirror, and that allows you to see cars behind you. 因此,后视镜位于挡风玻璃的正中央,它能让你看到身后的车子。
  There are also mirrors on the side of the car, usually on both sides, and those are called the side mirrors. 还有一种镜子通常在汽车的两边,那些镜子叫做侧视镜。
  "I turn on the radio to listen to the drive time traffic report." “我打开收音机收听上班高峰期的路况播报。”
  Drive time is the time of day when most people are either going to work or coming back from work. “Drive time”是白天大部分人上班或下班的高峰期。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jfdyt/421209.html