ESL杰夫的一天 第69期:工作 休息和吃午饭讲解(7)(在线收听) |
So, it's a place where you can sell food and you put your money in and you can press a button and you get things like cookies and potato chips, 因此,它是卖东西的地方,你把钱投进去,接着按下按钮,然后你就会得到饼干和薯片之类的东西。 all the things that are not good for you in the vending machine. 自动贩卖机里的所有东西对你来说都不是好东西。
Some people are also "reading the new notices on the bulletin board." 有些人还在“阅读公告牌上的最新通知。”
The bulletin board, "bulletin," board (two words) is a big piece of usually wood or plastic 公告牌(bulletin)(两个字),通常是一大块木制的或塑料制的牌子,
where people put important messages for other people to read. 那儿人们可以在上面公布一些重要的消息给其他人阅读。
You can have a bulletin board at your work; you can have a bulletin board in a school, 你的工作中会有公告牌;学校里会有公告牌,
and usually, it's a place where different people can come and read the news or new things or new announcements. 通常那是一个各种各样的人都会来阅读新闻,新鲜事或新公告的地方。
"I run into Sam, one of my friends at work." “我偶遇我工作中的一个朋友山姆”。
The verb, to run into, means I meet him although I was not expecting to meet him. 动词“run into”,意思是虽然我碰到了他,但却在我的意料之外。
So, "I run into Sam, and we chat a little before going back to work." 因此,“我偶遇山姆,在回去工作之前我们闲聊了一会儿”
To chat, "chat," means to talk, usually about something not very important. 聊天(chat),是“说话”的意思,一般是聊不太重要的事。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jfdyt/421225.html |