英国语文第二册 第45期:麻雀在叫什么(在线收听) |
LESSON 45 What the sparrow chirps 第四十五课 麻雀在叫什么 I'm only a little sparrow, 我只是一只小小的麻雀,
A bird of low degree; 一种很低级的鸟类;
My life is of little value,— 我的生命没有价值,——
But there's One who cares for me. 但是有一个人很关心我。
He gave me a coat of feathers: 他给了我一身羽毛:
It is very plain, I know, 我知道,这只是很普通的羽毛,
With never a speck of crimson, 上面没有红斑,
For it was not made for show; 只因这并非用于展示;
But it keeps me warm in winter, 但是有了它,我冬天不再受冷,
And it shields me from the rain; 有了它,我雨天不再被淋;
Were it bordered with gold or purple, 黄色或紫色的羽毛,
Perhaps it would make me vain! 或许也无此等功用!
And now that the spring-time cometh. 既然春天已经来临。
I will build me a little nest, 在我最喜欢的地方,
With many a chirp of pleasure, 我会为自己建一个小窝,
In the spot I like the best. 充满欢乐的生活。
I have no barn or store-house, 我没有谷仓或储藏室,
I neither sow nor reap; 我也从来不播种,不收获;
God gives me a sparrow's portion, 上帝让我做一只麻雀,
But never a seed to keep. 却并未赐予我种子。
If my meal is sometimes scanty, 如果我缺乏食物,
Close picking makes it sweet; 我会在附近觅食;
I have always enough to feed me, 我从不挨饿,
And "life is more than meat." 而且,“生活不仅仅是吃。”
I know there are many sparrows—all over the world we are found; 我知道,麻雀很多—— 随处可见;
but our heavenly Father knoweth,when one of us falls to the ground. 但只有上帝知道我们的逝去。
Though small, we are never forgotten; 虽然渺小,我们却从未被遗忘;
Though weak, we are never afraid: 虽然脆弱,我们却不曾畏惧:
For we know there is One who keepeth,the life of the creatures He made. 因为我们知道,我们的生命属于造物主。
I fly through the thickest forest, 我飞过最茂密的森林,
I light on many a spray; 我在许多家门前停落;
I have no chart nor compass, 我没有地图,也没有指南针,
But I never lose my way. 但我从未迷路。
And I fold my wings at twilight, 黎明之际,我收起翅膀,
Wherever I happen to be; 无论此时的我身在何处;
For the Father is always watching, 因为上帝一直在旁观望,
And no harm will come to me. 不会让我受到伤害。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/ygyw/d2c/430243.html |