美国语文第四册 第128期:安妮的梦(3)(在线收听

   Annie went to the window, and at first could see nothing but some beautiful frostwork on it. 安妮走到窗户那儿,开始只看到玻璃上美丽的霜花。

  Soon, however, the panes seemed to swarm with little folks. 可是,很快,窗玻璃上好像挤满了小家伙。
  Their wings were as white as snow, and sparkled with ice jewels. 他们的翅膀和雪一样白,像冰宝石一样闪闪发光。
  "Oh," cried Annie, "this is the prettiest sight I ever saw. What is your name, darling?" “噢,”安妮叫了起来,“这是我见过的最美的景象。亲爱的,你叫什么名字?”
  she asked one that wore a crown of snow roses. 她问其中戴着玫瑰王冠的一个。
  The little voice that replied was so sharp and fine that Annie thought it seemed like a needle point of sound, and she began to laugh. 回答的声音又尖又细,安妮想这有点像针眼的声音,于是开始笑了起来。
  "Fine Frost is our family name," it said. “霜是我们的姓,”它说。
  I have a first name of my own, but I shall not tell you what it is, for you are so impolite as to laugh at me. 我有自己的名字,可是我不告诉你是什么,因为你没有礼貌,笑话我。
  "I beg your pardon, dear," said Annie; I could not help it. “请原谅我,亲爱的,”安妮说,我忍不住。
  I will not laugh at you any more if you will tell me how you came here. 如果你告诉我你是怎么来这里的,我就不笑你了。
  I have been talking with one of your brothers over there in the basin. 我刚才一直在和那边水盆里你的一个兄弟谈话呢。
  The little sprite then folded her wings in a dignified manner, and said, I will tell you all I know about it, since you promise to be polite. 这个小精灵叠起翅膀,神态显得很高贵,说道,我告诉你我知道的一切,因为你答应有礼貌。
  It is a very short story, however. 可这只是个很短的故事。
  Last evening we all escaped from the glass basin, as you have seen our companions do this morning. 昨晚我们都从玻璃盆里逃了出来,就像你今天早上看到的我们的伙伴那样。
  Oh, how light and free we felt! 噢,我们是多么轻,多么自由啊!
  But we were so very delicate and thin that no one saw us as we flew about in the air of the room. 可是我们这么纤弱,这么薄,我们在房间的空气中飞来飞去谁也看不到我们。
  After a while I flew with these others to this window, 过了一会,我和别人一起飞到窗户这儿,
  and, as we alighted on the glass, the cold changed us from water sprites into sprites of the Fine Frost family. 当我们在玻璃上排好队的时候,寒冷把我们从水精灵变成了霜家族的精灵。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgybyw/d4c/431404.html