美国语文第五册 第117期:高德夫人的演讲(3)(在线收听) |
However, there's one comfort; it can't last long. 不过,倒还有件让你舒心的事,这种场面不会继续了, I'm worn to death with your temper, and sha'n't trouble you a great while. 我烦透了你的坏脾气,难道不该聒噪聒噪你?
Ha! you may laugh! And I dare say you would laugh! I've no doubt of it! 嘁!你可以笑!我敢说,你一定捂不拢嘴地笑!没说的!
That's your love; that's your feeling! I know that I'm sinking every day, though I say nothing about it. 我说到你心坎里了,那正对你的心思。我知道,我每天受尽折磨,但我真的无话可说。
And when I'm gone we shall see how your second wife will look after your buttons! 我离开后,我们等着看你的第二任老婆怎样打理你的纽扣!
You'll find out the difference then. 这样,你才会清楚前后差异。
Yes, Caudle, you'll think of me then; for then, I hope, you'll never have a blessed button to your back. 是的,高德,那时你才会想起我,但愿那时,你身上不会有一粒幸福纽扣。
No, I'm not a vindictive woman, Mr. Caudle: nobody ever called me that but you. 不!我可不是心怀怨恨的女人,高德先生,除了你,没有人这样说我。
What do you say? Nobody ever knew so much of me? That's nothing at all to do with it. 你说什么?没有人对我了解这么多?了解与评价这里没有任何关系。
Ha! I would n't have your aggravating temper, Caudle, for mines of gold. 嘁!我不会有你那暴跳如雷的脾气,高德,
It's a good thing I'm not as worrying as you are, or a nice house there'd be between us. 我脾气实在太温顺了,这点倒不错,我不会像你那样忧心忡忡,或许我们能有套好房子。
I only wish you'd had a wife that would have talked to you! Then you'd have known the difference. 我当时一心指望你有个老婆,与你耳鬓厮磨!你本该清楚我们之间差异,
But you impose upon me because, like a poor fool, I say nothing. I should be ashamed of myself, Caudle. 但你却欺骗我,将我看成可怜的傻子,因为我毫无怨言,高德,我真是羞愧死了。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgybyw/d5c/431675.html |