美国语文第五册 第122期:勒克瑙救援(2)(在线收听) |
She fell at length into a profound slumber, motionless and apparently breathless, her head resting in my lap. 后来,她陷入深睡,一动不动,好像没了气息,她的头还搭在我的膝盖上; I myself could no longer resist the inclination to sleep, in spite of the continual roar of the cannon. 我自己也感到难以克制的昏昏欲睡,尽管周围炮声隆隆。
Suddenly I was aroused by a wild, unearthly scream close to my ear; 猛然,一声发狂怪异的尖叫刺入我的耳膜,
my companion stood upright beside me, her arms raised, and her head bent forward in the attitude of listening. 杰西.布朗竟笔直地站起,立在我的身边,她的双臂高举,头部往前弯曲,好像在倾听什么。
A look of intense delight broke over her countenance; 她的脸上突然现出难以克制的兴奋,
she grasped my hand, drew me toward her, and exclaimed: Dinna ye hear it? dinna ye hear it? 紧紧抓住我的手,把我往她身边拖拽,一边尖声高叫:“迪娜,听见吗?你听见吗?
Ay. I'm no dreaming: it's the slogan o' the Highlanders! We're saved! we're saved! 喂,我绝不是在做梦,这是苏格兰高地人的广播!我们得救了!我们得救了!
Then flinging herself on her knees, she thanked God with passionate fervor. 说时迟,那时快,她扑通跪倒在地,感谢上帝的仁慈,情绪那么亢奋激昂。
I felt utterly bewildered; my English ears heard only the roar of artillery, and I thought my poor Jessie was still raving; 此刻,我手足无措地站在旁边,我那听惯英语的耳朵,耳边只有炮声的滚滚轰鸣。我原以为可怜的杰西还在胡言乱语,
but she darted to the batteries, and I heard her cry incessantly to the men, 她蓦然飞一般冲到街垒边,对那些荷枪实弹的男人们大声喊道:
Courage! courage! Hark to the slogan—to the Macgregor, the grandest of them a'! Here's help at last! 加油!勇敢些!你们听到广播吗?那是麦格雷戈的声音,他是最棒的!我们的救兵终于来了! |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgybyw/d5c/431701.html |