美国语文第五册 第140期:遗嘱(3)(在线收听) |
No, I believe not. But, since the heirs at law are all convened, 当然,我觉得挺好。好了,既然法律上所有相关继承人都已到场, I shall now proceed to open the last will and testament of your deceased relative, according to law. 接下来,依据法律,我将当众打开死者遗言与遗嘱。
(While the Squire is breaking the seal,) (法官正打开密封)
It is a trying thing to leave all one's possessions, Squire; in this manner. 法官大人,以这种方式馈赠个人财产,还真是让人悲伤心痛。
It really makes me feel melancholy when I look around and see everything but the venerable owner of these goods. 当我看到周围房产地产,只是看不见德高望重的主人,难免也心酸难过,
Well did the Preacher say, “All is vanity.” 还是圣父说得好,“凡事皆虚空。”
Please to be seated, gentlemen. 请坐,诸位先生。
(He puts on his spectacles and begins to read slowly.) (他戴上眼镜,开始缓慢地读了起来。)
Imprimis; whereas, my nephew, Francis Millington, by his disobedience and ungrateful conduct, 首先,鉴于我的侄子、弗朗西斯. 米林顿忤逆不孝以及忘恩负义的种种行为,
has shown himself unworthy of my bounty, and incapable of managing my large estate, 证明他不配获取我的财产赠与,更无能力管理我的大宗资产,
I do hereby give and bequeath all my houses, farms, stocks, bonds, moneys, and property, both personal and real, 兹此,我愿将我的房产、农庄、股票、债券、现金以及所有财产,无论个人名下或实质意义而言,
to my dear cousins, Samuel Swipes, of Malt Street, brewer, and Christopher Currie, of Fly Court, saddler. 授予我亲爱的表弟们——麦芽街酿酒人塞缪尔·斯威伯以及裁缝院制皮商克里斯托弗·柯里。
(The Squire here takes off his spectacles, and begins to wipe them very leisurely.) (法官随后取下眼镜,悠闲自得地擦拭一番。) |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgybyw/d5c/431746.html |