英语听书《白鲸记》第274期(在线收听) |
Perhaps I was over sensitive to such impressions at the time, but I could not help staring at this gallows with a vague misgiving. 我当时这种想法也许是过于敏感些,可是,我仍不禁心神微感不安地瞪眼望着这只绞架。 A sort of crick was in my neck as I gazed up to the two remaining horns; yes, two of them, one for Queequeg, and one for me. 当我抬起头来,望着那两只残存的角时,我的脖子上不禁起了一阵痉挛;不错,一共是两只,一只给魁魁格,一只给我。
It's ominous, thinks I. 兆头不佳,我心里想。
A Coffin my Innkeeper upon landing in my first whaling port; tombstones. 我在第一个捕鲸港上岸的时候,就碰上一个姓棺材的店老板;
I was called from these reflections by the sight of a freckled woman with yellow hair and a yellow gown, standing in the porch of the inn, 我一看到一个长着雀斑。满头黄发。穿着一件黄袍的女人,就打从这些感想中苏醒过来了,她站在客店的门廊里,
under a dull red lamp swinging there, that looked much like an injured eye, and carrying on a brisk scolding with a man in a purple woollen shirt. 门廊顶吊有一盏昏红的灯,很象一只受伤的眼睛,她正在快嘴快舌地骂一个身穿紫色毛衬衫的男人。
Get along with ye, said she to the man, or I'll be combing ye! 你给我滚,她对那个男人说,不然的话,我可就要不客气了。
Come on, Queequeg, said I, all right. There's Mrs.Hussey. 来吧,魁魁格,我说,没错儿,那就是胡赛太太。
And so it turned out; Mr. Hosea Hussey being from home, but leaving Mrs. Hussey entirely competent to attend to all his affairs. 结果果然是猜对了;荷西亚。胡赛先生不在家,他把一切事务都交给胡赛太太全权处理。
Upon making known our desires for a supper and a bed, Mrs.Hussey, postponing further scolding for the present, ushered us into a little room, 胡赛太太知道我们要吃饭和住宿后,就暂时搁起她的叫骂,领我们到一个小房间里,
and seating us at a table spread with the relics of a recently concluded repast, turned round to us and said-Clam or Cod? 叫我们坐在那张刚吃过饭的杯盘狼藉的桌边,然后,陡地转过身来,对我们说道...蛤蜊还是鳘鱼?
What's that about Cods, ma'am? said I, with much politeness. 鳘鱼是怎么样的,太太?我很客气地说。
Clam or Cod? she repeated. 蛤蜊还是鳘鱼?她又说了一遍。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/bjj/433698.html |