英语听书《白鲸记》第294期(在线收听

 Seven hundred and seventy-seventh, again said Bildad, without lifting his eyes;  七百七十七分之一,比勒达眼也不抬地说过后,又继续喃喃下去。

and then went on mumbling--for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. 因为你的财宝在哪里,你的心也在那里。
I am going to put him down for the three hundredth, said Peleg, do ye hear that, Bildad!  我要把他的名字写上,注明三百分之一,法勒说,你听到吧,比勒达!
The three hundredth lay, I say. 三百分之一的拆账,我说。
Bildad laid down his book, and turning solemnly towards him said, Captain Peleg, thou hast a generous heart;  比勒达放下了书,一本正经地转向他说,法勒船长,你心地豁达慷慨;
but thou must consider the duty thou owest to the other owners of this ship-widows and orphans, many of them 可是,你也得想一想你对这只船的其他股东所负的责任。其中有许多是孤儿寡妇呀,
and that if we too abundantly reward the labors of this young man, we may be taking the bread from those widows and those orphans.  因此,我们要是给这个小伙子的工资给得太多了,我们就会抢掉这些孤儿寡妇的面包。
The seven hundred and seventy-seventh lay, Captain Peleg. 七百七十七分之一的拆账,法勒船长。
Thou Bildad! roared Peleg, starting up and clattering about the cabin.  你这比勒达!法勒砰地跳了起来,在舱房里卡塔卡塔地走来走去,大肆咆哮道。
Blast ye, Captain Bildad, if I had followed thy advice in these matters,  该死,比勒达船长,如果我过去在这些事情上依你的话,
I would afore now had a conscience to lug about that would be heavy enough to founder the largest ship that ever sailed round Cape Horn. 那我的良心早就重得够把任何一条航行在合恩角的最大的船只都压沉了。
Captain Peleg, said Bildad steadily, thy conscience may be drawing ten inches of water, or ten fathoms, I can't tell;  法勒船长,比勒达坚定地说,你的良心也许能吃十英寸水,或者能吃十水,那我可说不出;
but as thou art still an impenitent man, Captain Peleg, I greatly fear lest thy conscience be but a leaky one;  不过,因为你还是一个不悔悟的人,法勒船长,我非常担心,怕你的良心只是个漏了气的;
and will in the end sink thee foundering down to the fiery pit, Captain Peleg. 到头来会叫你沉到火坑里去,法勒船长。
Fiery pit! fiery pit! ye insult me, man; past all natural bearing, ye insult me.  火坑!火坑,你侮辱我,老兄;这可叫人忍无可忍,你侮辱我。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/bjj/433719.html