英语听书《白鲸记》第534期(在线收听) |
"Espying the mate drawing near as he was toiling at the pump with the rest, “这个湖上人跟另外一些人在辛辛苦苦地抽水的时候,偶然看到大副走过来了, the Lakeman affected not to notice him, but unawed, went on with his gay banterings. 却假装没有看到他,毫无畏惧地继续在开他那愉快的玩笑。
"Aye, aye, my merry lads, it's a lively leak this; hold a cannikin, one of ye, and let's have a taste. “是呀,是呀,好小子们,这倒是个新鲜的酒漏呀;哪一个去拿只小酒杯来,我们不妨来尝它一口。
By the Lord, it's worth bottling! 千真万确,这是值得装它一瓶的呵!
I tell ye what, men, old Rad's investment must go for it! 我告诉你们,朋友们,拉德(拉德——即拉德尼的卑称。)老头的投资一定完啦!
he had best cut away his part of the hull and tow it home. 他只能把他份下的船壳砍一块拖回家去了。
The fact is, boys, that sword-fish only began the job; 伙伴们,事实上,剑鱼还刚刚动手呢;
he's come back again with a gang of ship-carpenters, saw-fish, and file-fish, and what not; 它已经带着一大群船木匠,锯鲛呀,鱼呀等等来啦;
and the whole posse of em are now hard at work cutting and slashing at the bottom; making improvements, I suppose. 它们全班人马现在正在船底用劲地乱砍乱斩呢;我觉得,已是大有进展了。
If old Rad were here now, I'd tell him to jump overboard and scatter em. 如果拉德老头这会儿在这儿的话,我倒要请他跳到海里去,把它们赶散。
They're playing the devil with his estate, I can tell him. 它们正在糟蹋着他的财产呀,我会对他这样说。
But he's a simple old soul, Rad, and a beauty too. 可是,他是个头脑简单的老东西呀,拉德可也是个美男子呀。
Boys, they say the rest of his property is invested in looking-glasses. 伙伴们,据说他其余的财产都投资在镜子上。
I wonder if he'd give a poor devil like me the model of his nose.' 象我这样个可怜的倒霉汉,我不知道他能不能把他的鼻子给我做个样子。,
"Damn your eyes! what's that pump stopping for? “你们都瞎了眼啦!为什么帮浦要停起呀?
roared Radney, pretending not to have heard the sailors' talk. 'Thunder away at it!' 拉德尼大肆怒吼,也装做没有听到水手们的谈话。赶紧抽呀!
'Aye, aye, sir, said Steelkilt, merry as a cricket. “是,是,先生,斯蒂尔基尔特说,活泼得象只蟋蟀。
Lively, boys, lively, now! And with that the pump clanged like fifty fire-engines; 那么,加劲呀,伙伴们,加劲!说着,那帮浦就象五十部救火机一样,克朗克朗地响起来。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/bjj/434443.html |