英语听书《白鲸记》第619期(在线收听) |
Bress my soul, if I cook noder one, he growled, angrily, turning round to depart. 哎呀,你让我再煮一趟看,他满脸怒容地咆哮道,车转身要走了。 Come back here, cook;—here, hand me those tongs;—now take that bit of steak there, and tell me if you think that steak cooked as it should be? 回来,回来,厨司;——到这边来,把火钳给我;——现在把那块肉排吃一吃,告诉我,你可认为那块肉排应该这样煮法?
Take it, I say—holding the tongs towards him—"take it, and taste it." 吃呀,喂,——把火钳拿到他面前——"吃呀,尝一尝。"
Faintly smacking his withered lips over it for a moment, the old negro muttered, "Best cooked 'teak I eber taste; joosy, berry joosy." 这个黑老头用他那干瘪的嘴巴有气无力地把那块肉排巴嗒巴嗒嚼了一会后,喃喃道,"我从来没有尝到过煮得这么好的肉排;好味道,真好味道。"
Cook, said Stubb, squaring himself once more; "do you belong to the church?" 厨司,斯塔布又摆起架子来说道;"你可是信教的?"
Passed one once in Cape-Down, said the old man sullenly. 在开普登的时候,上过一次礼拜堂,这老头不高兴地回答道。
And you have once in your life passed a holy church in Cape-Town, 你一生倒上过一次开普登的礼拜堂,
where you doubtless overheard a holy parson addressing his hearers as his beloved fellow-creatures, have you, cook! 那么,你一定在那里无意中听到那个牧师管他那些听众叫亲爱的同胞了,是吧,厨司!
And yet you come here, and tell me such a dreadful lie as you did just now, eh? said Stubb. 可是你却在这里,象刚才那样,对我撒了一个漫天大谎,是么?斯塔布说,
"Where do you expect to go to, cook?" "你可希望到哪里去吗,厨司?"
Go to bed berry soon, he mumbled, half-turning as he spoke. 我这就要去睡觉了,他嘟哝道,一边说,一边半转过身去。
Avast! heave to! I mean when you die, cook. 慢点!停下来!我是说,你死啦,想到哪里去。
It's an awful question. Now what's your answer? 这可是个怕人的问题。看你怎么回答我?
When dis old brack man dies, said the negro slowly, changing his whole air and demeanor, 等到这个黑老头死了,这黑人慢吞吞地说,他整个举止态度都变了,
"he hisself won't go nowhere; but some bressed angel will come and fetch him." "他自己可什么地方都不去,不过总会有天仙来找他的。" |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/bjj/434613.html |